Options

Could not create an instance of the OLE control...

dpraciliodpracilio Member Posts: 22
Hi Guys,

Im performing a manual import from a navision 3.7 sql client and I am getting the following error message:

'Could not create an instance of the OLE control or Automation server indentified by GUID={xxxxxxx....} 1.0: {xxxxxxx....}:Unknown Automation Server.Unknown Class. Check that the OLE control or Automation server is correctly installed and registered.'

When performing the same manual import from the server itself it is fine, it is only happening from the clients. I have tried it from 3 clients and no luck since. Any assistance appreciated, thanks...

David

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It seems, that some object is using Automation class which is installed only on the server. Please, send the name of the problematic Variable or object (or the GUID)...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    dpraciliodpracilio Member Posts: 22
    Hi Kamil,

Thanks for helping me out. The complete error message is:

'Could not create an instance of the OLE control or Automation server identified by GUID={77F00702-0256-4733-A9C1-DE9AB2GFA330} 1.0:{CBD5AB7A-882B-4EA9-B8DE-8E177A3E1B5C}:Unknown Automation Server.Unknown Class. Check that the OLE control or Automation server is correctly installed and registered.'

Hope this helps you,

David.
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Because I am not able to find which library it is, you can try to look into registry on your server (where it is running) for the GUID and look for more info about this... (library which is used or some more clues to what is it...)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    rossirossi Member Posts: 36
    Hi!

Try to export the group of objects you suspect to contain the usage of this variable as a textfile. Then search the file for the GUID of the automation server. You will then be able to identify what is causing the problem..

Good luck ..