Options

Object Import Error

danldanl Member Posts: 25
I'm trying to import an object into Navision but it displayed a message saying that

"You do not have permission to run the 'File, Import, Text' system. Contact the system manager if you need to have your permissions changed"

I have a super roles and I do not have problem importing any other objects expect this one.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Comments

• Options
    matteo_montanarimatteo_montanari Member Posts: 189
    danl wrote:
    I'm trying to import an object into Navision but it displayed a message saying that

"You do not have permission to run the 'File, Import, Text' system. Contact the system manager if you need to have your permissions changed"

I have a super roles and I do not have problem importing any other objects expect this one.

Import from and export to text require a granule (7,200 Application Builder or 7,300 Solution Developer?) in your developer license.

Eto
    Reno Sistemi Navision Developer
  • Options
    This object is developed by another consulting company since we do not have the developer license. Is the problem coming up from the developer side (coding issues)? Or is it from the permssion issue?
  • Options
    matteo_montanarimatteo_montanari Member Posts: 189
    danl wrote:
    This object is developed by another consulting company since we do not have the developer license. Is the problem coming up from the developer side (coding issues)? Or is it from the permssion issue?

Permission issue.

Eto
    Reno Sistemi Navision Developer
  • Options
    Hi Eto,

Thank you for the help. Do you know how can we fix the issue?
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Try to open the fob-file with a text-editor (Notepad). If it is all plain text, then the fob-file has been exported as text (but with a fob-extension). One should send you a new correct fob-file. If the first few lines are plain text, and the other part is gibberish, then it's the correct fob-format.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)