Options

Windows Authentication failed

sil77sil77 Member Posts: 2
edited 2012-07-13 in Navision Attain
Hi Everybody!

I have difficult situation with Windows authentication. I’m trying to resolve the issue for already a month, but still no results. I have tried to explain the problem as detailed as possible.

I have Navision 3.60 server with native database.

Before a month ago – the situation was following:

- server is in domain A. (ip – 10.104.64.xx)
- clients are in domain A and B (ips – 10.104.64.xx)
- users used windows authentication from both domains and also database authentication.

A month ago more of clients migrated to new ip-range (10.205.2.xx). And windows authentication for them are not available now. I have the following message:

The network path cannot be found
The message refers to the file
The network server may be down, or the path may be invalid.

I had to create for them Database logins – Database authentication works fine.

For users who stayed in old ip-range Windows authentication still works (for both domains).

As interesting, I can connect to the server, using Windows authentication, from the client with different ip-range, when I execute following actions:

- I open database and in the field “Net type” choose – “Netb”, get error, push “ok”, quickly chose “net type” - TCP, press – OK – and I am in!

I installed NAV 2009 SP1 with the same configuration and I have the same situation there!!!!

Could you, please, help me!

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    PoltergeistPoltergeist Member Posts: 200
    Seems like the routing between the Navision server and one ore more domaincontroller is no longer available. In what subnet are the domaincontrollers? In what subnet is the Navision server. Can the Navision server ping to the domaincontrollers? Can the domaincontrollers ping eachother? Is there a trust between the domains? Does this still work (check eventlogs) Can the clients still ping to both domaincontrollers?. What's the subnetmask of both IPranges?
  • Options
    PoltergeistPoltergeist Member Posts: 200
    You might want to setup and use WINS. It could be that the FQDN is stripped from the computername, and that is cannot find the correct servers anymore.