Options

How to print report horizontally...

AngeloAngelo Member Posts: 180
Hello Master Navision,

Anyone know how to print detail line horizontally. for e.g : if we have dataitem sales header and indent dataitem Sales line. I want to show/print items in sales line horizontally.Can Navision handle it? Please help me soonn....my client want it soon to economize paper.

Regards,
Angelo

Comments

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    I think what you are asking is that instead of one sales line per report line, you want to have multiple sales lines on one report line, like columns in a newspaper?

If that is the case, you will need to align let's say two columns of 5 textboxes, so that is 10 textboxes. 2 for item numbers, 2 for item descriptions, 2 for quantity, 2 for price, and 2 for extended price. You put the titles of these columns in the caption of the report, and you set the SourceExpr of the controls to a set of variable arrays.

Then, in your Sales Header and Sales Line dataitems, you fill the arrays with the values and you are pretty much set. Take a look at the standard Navision Invoice report to see how to get the values out of the table and into a temporary variable to be displayed in the sections.
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Member Posts: 180
    Denster,

For example :
    sales Header No : SO001

Line :
    ItemA quantity : 10
    ItemB quantiti : 11
    ItemC quantity : 12

I want to show in my report like :

SO no: SO001

ItemA ItemB ItemC and etc....

if I use array,I think is limited.this is like pivot report in crystal report....
  • Options
    ajay_setinajay_setin Member Posts: 10
    Hi Angelo,

This cannt be obtained except for arrays, u can define a big enough dimension for the array. i also wanted the similar structure, which i obtained by putting array dimension as 5000, hope ur customer doesnt sell more than 5000 items at a time :)
    Life has just started!! Program it well !!
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    No, you are not able to do this in unlimited way. Only one way is possible - the array. Do not forget, that you are still limited with paper width....
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    ajay_setinajay_setin Member Posts: 10
    yeah excatly, though the paper width is still a constratint, which user should be well aware of, i think i missed this last, make the dimension as x;y, this will facilitate u to show y columns in one horizontal lines, and total data that can be captured is x*y. hence jus witing proper code in PreSection trigger, this can be obtained. hope this will resolve a lot of ur customer requirements...pls correct me if am still wrong..
    Life has just started!! Program it well !!
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    And do not forget that you can calc sums automatically with CurrReport.CREATETOTALS for any variable you are using...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.