Options

NAV 2013 Comparison RTC vs. Web Client vs. Sharepoint Client

JaanaJaana Member Posts: 28
edited 2012-06-27 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all,

Before inventing the wheel again - did anyone come across or created a comparison for NAV 2013's different client options? I am after an overview of features per client (e.g. Custom Controls available, Navigate, Export to Excel etc.) Purpose will be to make decisions on when e.g. the web client will be sufficient an dwhen a full client is required.

Appreciate any answers :)

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    All depends on what the user need: if only access to one or two (or few) pages, with some context e.g. from Sharepoint, you will use the SharePoint integration. If he need only few pages from NAV to do some basic operations, web client could be ok. If most of the user work is in NAV, use WinClient.

It is all about how much from NAV is needed, which features, how often, from where. E.g. webclient could be good alternative for remotely connected users (which are using Winclient when on site) for exceptional access from home.

SharePoint integration is good to publish some info from NAV on SharePoint site and enable SharePoint users to enter some data into NAV directly.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    mdPartnerNLmdPartnerNL Member Posts: 802
    None of these clients allow a customer to login? It's all for internal users only.
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It depends. You can create account for your customer and allow him to access your system, but you need to solve all security problems of this… (filtering the data etc.)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.