Options

RTC E-Ship Function

kruyeraskruyeras Member Posts: 27
edited 2012-06-21 in NAV Three Tier
Was working perfectly fine early today and now our warehouse can't complete //CPP in NAV RTC. Getting "FAILURE: General Failure" error. No changes were made to the shipping station and I'm lost on how to get it back working.

Answers

• Options
    rico1931rico1931 Member Posts: 295
    kruyeras wrote:
    Was working perfectly fine early today and now our warehouse can't complete //CPP in NAV RTC. Getting "FAILURE: General Failure" error. No changes were made to the shipping station and I'm lost on how to get it back working.

wow that error is fairly vague lol.. have you tried to restart all the nav services in the middle tier? Switch over to Classic Client and try the same procedure. If it works in class then you know the error is in the middle tier.
    -rico1931
  • Options
    I'll give this a try. I know the error is vague and that's why I was lost. LOL....I'll update here and see if that worked.
  • Options
    I just restarted the service and still the same thing. I did then try it on the classic client and it gave me a more detailed error. Unable to find the E-Ship directory.
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    do you have a
    c:\temp & c:\eship directories created on the offening machine?

In your shipping setup is there a Default Directory named?
    perhaps It's created on a network drive that has now lost it's connection.

It needs a place to store the temp text files when printing.
    Ie/ label.txt & upslbl.txt

*I'm not using the RTC version but I know it's needs these directories on ours.
  • Options
    Savatage wrote:
    do you have a
    c:\temp & c:\eship directories created on the offening machine?

In your shipping setup is there a Default Directory named?
    perhaps It's created on a network drive that has now lost it's connection.

It needs a place to store the temp text files when printing.
    Ie/ label.txt & upslbl.txt

*I'm not using the RTC version but I know it's needs these directories on ours.

Yes, I've verified that our the shared directory for all of our domain users have access to. And the issue is now resolved. Someone had changed the FedEx to connect to the FedEx "BETA" servers. Grrr....
  • Options
    rico1931rico1931 Member Posts: 295
    Savatage beat me to it! lol

kruyeras glad it's fixed.. don't forget to make the topic as solved!

Yes, I've verified that our the shared directory for all of our domain users have access to. And the issue is now resolved. Someone had changed the FedEx to connect to the FedEx "BETA" servers. Grrr....[/quote]
    -rico1931