Options

Can we able to save report output as excel from web client ?

chandrurecchandrurec Member Posts: 560
edited 2012-06-18 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all,

When I run the report from web client , I can see only option for Printing as PDF and no option for saving as excel.Is ther any option available in web client to save the report output as Excel.

Thanks & Regards,
chandru.

Comments

• Options
    faizguy84faizguy84 Member Posts: 52
    Yes you can export to excel, but you will need to write code for excel automation.

Regards,
    Faisal Bukhari.
  • Options
    Hi faizguy84,

Writing the code will work but is there any default way by which we can save the report as excel as we do it in RTC.

Thanks & Regards,
    chandru.
  • Options
    MauromarMauromar Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 2
    Yes, it is possible from the report interactive preview to export to Excel, Word and PDF. This functionality is not enabled by default for security reasons (it requires permissions for temporary files generated server-side). The report interactive preview dialog is available only in Internet Explorer.

Use the
    ShowReportViewerExportOptions

parameter in the web.config file, see here for more details. This documentation is for the Beta release and this parameter applies both to the Web Client and NAV Portal Framework for Sharepoint.

As mentioned by other members, in general you can generate the file server-side in C/AL and download it client side using File.Download as an another option.
    MauroMar | Senior Program Manager | Dynamics NAV | Microsoft Development Center Copenhagen

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  • Options
    Hi Mauromar,

I got it now.

Thank you.

Regards,
    chandru.
  • Options
    mdPartnerNLmdPartnerNL Member Posts: 802
    Mauromar wrote:
    Yes, it is possible from the report interactive preview to export to Excel, Word and PDF. This functionality is not enabled by default for security reasons (it requires permissions for temporary files generated server-side). The report interactive preview dialog is available only in Internet Explorer.

Use the
    ShowReportViewerExportOptions

parameter in the web.config file, see here for more details. This documentation is for the Beta release and this parameter applies both to the Web Client and NAV Portal Framework for Sharepoint.

As mentioned by other members, in general you can generate the file server-side in C/AL and download it client side using File.Download as an another option.

You are talking RTC Client, correct?
  • Options
    Hi mdPartnerNL,

Yes I am talking about Webclient and not the rtc client.

Regards,
    chandru.