Options

Which MS Dynamic NAV Version shall be use ??

imperialsimperials Member Posts: 16
edited 2012-06-08 in NAV Three Tier
Dear all sifus,

Need some clarification as below :-

1. I got a branch office in SG. HQ in Denmark is using MS NAV Denmark version and in Denmark they have customize a complex solution inside Finance Module. Scenario now is can i purchase MS NAV Singapore version and import the object from MS NAV Denmark into MS NAV SG version ? Any complication or error if i'm going to do that ?

2. Same scenario as above, shall i proposed to buy MS NAV Worldwide version and import in the localization and customization from HQ in Denmark which is using MS NAV Denmark ? Any affected area if we are doing the

3. The other way is can i just get MS NAV Denmark version and copy over the database into SG server using MS NAV Denmark ? Any complication if i do this ?

I need an advice from all the expert as which is the best way of doing the importing and which version of MS NAV shall i get if my management is planning to do the importing of the customization from Denmark to Singapore.

Hope to hear from all of your suggestion and feedback soon.

Comments

• Options
    jubeljoyjubeljoy Member Posts: 154
    I think you should choose 2nd option
  • Options
    But is there any impact on the functionality ? I was also need to localize back some of the localization needed in SG if i choose the W1 version. Is that right ??
  • Options
    ChinmoyChinmoy Member Posts: 359
    I think you have to choose wisely from options 1 and 2, depending on what amount of customization is done on the Denmark database compared to how much of localization changes are there in the Singapore database. The more weight on the side should probably be selected and the other one to be merged with it. However, in both cases you have to merge the objects, to ensure that both the customizations and the localizations work properly... :)

Chn
  • Options
    Thnks Chinmoy and Jubelboy.... Any others recommendation from the world which is expert in the licensing version ?

Chinmoy as your suggestion is on option 1 and 2, i was wondering would it be easier if we just get the Denmark version of MS NAV and install in SG and i do not need to merge the object customization. I can just migrate the whole database but later i might need to consider to move in the localization from SG to MS NA Denmark version ?

Sigh !!!! really headache... i need a suggestion and solutions......please help out ...!!!!

Anyone have a similar cases before or can advice me accordingly ....
  • Options
    May be, Yes! As I said it all depends on the amount of customized objects. If you find that SG localization changes are lesser than the customizations you have done on the Denmark database, then your idea would suit better.

Chn
  • Options
    But i just do not know which is the best pratices to go with ???? Tht is the only issue that i have in term of selecting the option that i have right now ?

On the amount of customization it's all on the Financial modules .. estimation of it i still need a clarification based on the HQ site...Tht why i need brainstorming session :)
  • Options
    In that case, let's wait and see if others comment on this. However, I feel that more than what is the best practice, one should also look at the amount of work that needs to go in to merge two databases.. :) And, I would probably have done what I have suggested.

Chn
  • Options
    KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
    Hi,

How about using 2 separate databases? One for Denmark and one for Singapore. That way you will not have a conflict in the objects used.

Hope this helps,

Willy
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.
  • Options
    yukonyukon Member Posts: 361
    Hi imperials,

I think you should be merge object is better. If you merge you can use DK customization with SG localization. Because of SG localization is different with other country. We are implement ID + TH + SG. But work on process :D

Regards,
    Yukon
    Make Simple & Easy
  • Options
    Hi Willy,

I can't have 2 separate database. I need to have either one and to that extend i need one single database with object merging from Denmark. It's juz the version that i need to make decision.

Regards,

Imperials.
  • Options
    Hi Yukon,

Are you currently using SG version with other countries merging or customization.

Best Regards,

Kent Siew

yukon wrote:
    Hi imperials,

I think you should be merge object is better. If you merge you can use DK customization with SG localization. Because of SG localization is different with other country. We are implement ID + TH + SG. But work on process :D

Regards,
    Yukon
  • Options
    yukonyukon Member Posts: 361
    Hi imperials,

Currently We are based on SG version and bring customization to SG. Because of our client want to use SG ver. with customization. If you want to combine two location with customization, i think you may need to merge two country localization first after that merge with your customization again.

Regards,
    Yukon
    imperials wrote:
    Hi Yukon,

Are you currently using SG version with other countries merging or customization.

Best Regards,

Kent Siew

yukon wrote:
    Hi imperials,

Regards,
    Yukon
    Make Simple & Easy
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    imperials wrote:
    But i just do not know which is the best pratices to go with ?

There is no best practice. Every implementation will be different and the role of a partner is to analyze the specific issues and decide the best solution. Without knowing the specifics of your implementation no one can make this decision.
    David Singleton