Options

Search Name does not work on RTC

Marco_FerrariMarco_Ferrari Member Posts: 53
edited 2012-06-04 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all, I'm really surprised and I really hope to make something wrong in RTC. When I create a new order (sales or purchase is the same), in the classic client I could specifiy in the "Sell-to Customer No." directly the name of the customer and NAV automatically found the correct number associated to that name by using the Search Name field of the customer card. Now I'm trying to make the same thing in the RTC but, incredibly, it does not work! I cannot believe that with RTC I must open the list of the cutomers.... does anyone knows something about this?

Thanks,
Marco
Marco Ferrari
Microsoft Certified Trainer
Cronus.it

Comments

• Options
    aseigleaseigle Member Posts: 207
    The behavior is a little different in the RTC. The list filters as you type, but by default, uses the No. field. If you use the lookup, you'll notice a little icon next to the No. field. Click on the header of the Name field and this Icon will move. Now in the lower right corner you can set this to be the default. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Hi all, I'm really surprised and I really hope to make something wrong in RTC. When I create a new order (sales or purchase is the same), in the classic client I could specifiy in the "Sell-to Customer No." directly the name of the customer and NAV automatically found the correct number associated to that name by using the Search Name field of the customer card. Now I'm trying to make the same thing in the RTC but, incredibly, it does not work! I cannot believe that with RTC I must open the list of the cutomers.... does anyone knows something about this?

Thanks,
    Marco

Yes, it's a known issue. I don't think they're going to do anything about it though.
  • Options
    vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    Is not this what you are looking for? :-k
    aseigle wrote:
    The behavior is a little different in the RTC. The list filters as you type, but by default, uses the No. field. If you use the lookup, you'll notice a little icon next to the No. field. Click on the header of the Name field and this Icon will move. Now in the lower right corner you can set this to be the default. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Function AltSearchFeld is not supported in NAV 2009. The property still exists in NAV 2013beta but I tried this functionality and it look like it is still not implemented. I will dig more around...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.