Options

will temporary record will work in RTC report?

chandrurecchandrurec Member Posts: 560
edited 2012-06-03 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all,

I have created a report in classic and in the design I have used a temporary recordset and making the count of recordset I am running the integer table. After designing this, when I run the report in classic its working fine. The same report I have converted into RTC and when I try to run this report in RTC, blank page is coming.

If anyone knows the solution for this, kindly let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
chandru.

Comments

• Options
    ChinmoyChinmoy Member Posts: 359
    Hi Chandru,

There must be some other reason for the report not getting printed. Reports with temporary records work with RTC. I don't think the issue is with temporary record.

I checked with one of my classic reports, it works fine on RTC.

Rgds,

Chn
  • Options
    davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    Standard NAV reports use temp tables. Take a look at "Sales Invoice" for example.
    The code in the data items should be used to generate the temp table. Any code in the classic report sections and request form will not be in the new report.
  • Options
    akhileshekakhileshek Member Posts: 28
    make sure you are not updating temp tables on section level .Section level code will not work in RTC reports you have to find some other logic.
  • Options
    Hi akhileshek,

I have written the code all in dataitem and not in section level.

Regards,
    chandru.
  • Options
    Hi All,

The other interesting which I observed was that when I run the same rtc report from my local system, the output is displayed but the same report when I run from the client system, then only the rtc report display screen is opened with blank output.

If anyone knows what may the reason for this behavior , kindly let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    chandru.