Options

Partner related: Give correct rights to an addon

ajhvdbajhvdb Member Posts: 672
edited 2012-06-01 in NAV Three Tier
We are creating an addon and for this we need to inform Microsoft what the rights for customer and other partners are.

So can they insert/modify/read data from the tables and what can they do with the source code...
I want to divide the addon license into two parts:
- a part which to can use to read/modify/insert data but cannot see or change the code
- a part which to can use to read/modify/insert data and modify the source code

Im trying to set this up in a document "MicrosoftDynamicsNAVAddOnRequestForm". Please click on the link and tell me if this is the correct way or correct me.
Thanks..

Comments

• Options
    bump.. any help would be great.
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    You need to have a very good reason to protect an object like this. In any case and no matter what, NEVER under any circumstances protect any object except codeunits.

Figure out which piece of code you for what ever reason feel needs to be protected, and put just the absolute minimum into a separate codeunit or codeuinits.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    I wouldn't quite agree on that. If you developed a "real" add-on and you want to register it as a granule at MS then the objects are protected anyway. These objects are placed by default in an ID region which is blocked for code viewing/modifying with the user license. That also means that only you have the "power" to maintain these objects.
  • Options
    rhpnt wrote:
    I wouldn't quite agree on that. If you developed a "real" add-on and you want to register it as a granule at MS then the objects are protected anyway. These objects are placed by default in an ID region which is blocked for code viewing/modifying with the user license. That also means that only you have the "power" to maintain these objects.

Not entirely correct. That is why I am asking.

I'm requesting an addon range not for fully protecting it but for making development easier. Some source code parts can be fully protected with the permission X but im not sure... that's why i am opening this topic.
  • Options
    rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    Objects from a partner registered granule are always protected this way by default. You can although determine the user rights for your objects in the user license. Therefore it makes sense to inititaly protect your objects as much as possible and then loosen the protection as needed - license per license.
  • Options
    Gaurav_RoyGaurav_Roy Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 6
    The rules about Add-ons are described on the "Microsoft Dynamics NAV Add-on Registration" page on PartnerSource https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource ... ext=add-on

Here you will find information about how to manage access to objects including how to give another partner access.
    Make sure you read the guide "VOICE add-on Self Service Partner Guide 1.1"
    https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource ... nVoice.htm
    Gaurav Roy [MSFT]