Options

Role tailored client to web

billbill Member Posts: 100
edited 2012-06-01 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all,
i have a minor question. Can i run the role tailored client through web access? E.G: My server is in Athens and i have a user in Manilla. Can the user access the role teilored client thought web? E.G:https:\\myserverinthens\12345?

If not, except through remote, how can i access the role tailored client.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    dave_cdave_c Member Posts: 46
    Is this what you are trying to do? EG the RTC is installed on the client in Manilla and the middle teir is installed on the server in Athens?
  • Options
    billbill Member Posts: 100
    No i am not trying to do this. I am just asking. I want to know if there is this opportunity to the new platform in order to investigate. I know about the web services but i need to run the role tailored from web access e.g like business analytics.

Can i do this?
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    There will be web client in NAV 2013. There is no default possibility to access RTC over webbrowser, but you an use terminal services to access it remotely.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    henrikmhenrikm Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 66
    A few ideas:

1. Remote Desktop or similar technologies.
    2. Run the client locally and access the server remotely
    3. Use the 2013 Web Client

The most important challenge seems to be how you set up the WAN connection between your two endpoints in order to ensure it is a secured connection.

/henrik
    “This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.”

Henrik Metzger, Software Development Engineer, Dynamics NAV
    MSFT