Options

placing journal forms in home tab

cwtan71cwtan71 Member Posts: 5
edited 2012-05-31 in NAV Three Tier
Dear all

Coud anyone please advise why the 'F8' function is not working when I placed the general journal page, payment journal page and recurring journal page onto the 'Home' tab. The F8 fucntion is working when I launched the page from the 'Department' tab.

Thanks.

Regards,

Wilson

Comments

• Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    if you run that kind of page (worksheet) in the "home" environment, it is not editable, if you run it from departments, it IS open in editable mode.
    You cannot run list-like pages in editable mode from the home items, unless you use a workaround (a "proxy" list page which run your other page through code (onopen trigger). Remember that journals have a peculiar way to be run from code e.g. setting the default batch etc.
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    TroelshTroelsh Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 79
    Actually running worksheets from activity buttons are unsupported and the option to add them is removed in later releases. If you add the link to an an action in the actionpane - it will work.

Troels Bent Hansen
    Senior Program Manager
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV

****** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights ******
  • Options
    iceborgiceborg Member Posts: 67
    If you Customize your Navigation Pane and add a link to a Worksheet or Card, these will be launched directly into the "List Pane".
    If you lauch anything else than a List Page into the "List Pane" (the big space in the middle) F8 will not work and the Batch Selection Box will be Disabled in a Worksheet like a Journal. A Card page will look really bad as well.
    However if you right click and open In New Window from your Navigation Pane Worksheets and Card pages runs as per normal of course.

I noticed in NAV 2013 that you are now only allowed to choose List Pages to add to your Customized Navigation Pane..., would it not be better if we could still add links to Worksheet and Card Pages BUT when launched they always open in a New Window?