Options

Lanham E-Ship - Zip/Post Code

rico1931rico1931 Member Posts: 295
edited 2012-05-09 in NAV Three Tier
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows if Lanham E-ship does zip code (post code) validation. When we were on world ship you can do this on the fly... and we just got a new world ship cd that said it has UPSLink....

Just tired of paying these ridiculous $15 zip code (post code) fixes

Thanks
-rico1931

Answers

• Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    rico1931 wrote:
    Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows if Lanham E-ship does zip code (post code) validation. When we were on world ship you can do this on the fly... and we just got a new world ship cd that said it has UPSLink....

Just tired of paying these ridiculous $15 zip code (post code) fixes

Thanks

Nope. You still have to spend that $15.. Either that, or buy their address validation granule, which will cost you a lot more.
  • Options
    rico1931rico1931 Member Posts: 295
    Thanks Alex!
    -rico1931
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    I log all those changes from UPS one month they tell us 11111 should have been 11112 ($15 cha-ching charge) then the next month they tell us 11112 should have been 11111.

If you keep track then you can easily call ups and dispute the charge.
    You know how many times we ship to a store and the bill says "residential delivery additional charge" even tho it's a business.

They have been shipping to that same addess for years without issue.
    All UPS bills need to be reviewed, period.

We also ship USPS using Endicia and lets just say address verification don't always work well.
    It can auto change the address to a completely wrong address. Not often but when it does it's aheadache.

So best to get the data correct the first time.
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Savatage wrote:
    They have been shipping to that same addess for years without issue.
    All UPS bills need to be reviewed, period.

Over the years, I am absolutely convinced that UPS "test" their customers. They give you one or to additional charges, if they get paid they bump it to a few more, then a few more, as you complain they cut down a bit, and they work out what they can over charge before you will review the bills in detail (which obviously most companies can't do). You don't need to find all the errors, you just need them to be aware that you are checking the bills.

I had one client switch to Fedex as the only viable way to prevent the fake zip and residential charges.
    David Singleton