Options

How to link new Form to help file

MorganMorgan Member Posts: 12
Hey guys,

I've many new forms nd i want them to link a new help file.
As regards what i know, i have to create my own help files then compile its. This is OK.
I aware that each FORM have a specific ID that determine which help file to use.

Lets take an example:
Help on form 228 is file F_228.htm compiled in res_a.chm. Corresponding ID of the help topic is F_212_48 (ie res_a.hh) so ID of form 228 seems to be F_212_48...

So when you press F1 key on form 228 , navision looks for ID F_212_48 in files *.hh. When it finds it, it knows which help file to display (F_228.htm)

Problem is that there is no "HELP ID" property on forms, so for existing forms the link between the form and the help file is OK because it is native, but for new forms where could I tell the system Form 50001 help ID is F_xxx_xx ????

How could I link my new forms with help files i wrote ????

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    use same format... create help file F_50001.htm etc... look into documentation for on-line help creating for Navision (Creating Navision Online Help.chm)... You can find many documentation and tools in "Online Help Tools"...

And you can use the command prompt swith "showhelpid=1" for showing the help ID when which are searched after pressing F1... :-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Thanks, I enjoy there are information about that but,
    look into documentation for on-line help creating for Navision (Creating Navision Online Help.chm)...
    Where could I find this help ? :-k (nothing on my navision cd...)
    You can find many documentation and tools in "Online Help Tools"...
    What is "online help tools" ?? This component isn't installed with Navision ?
    you can use the command prompt swith "showhelpid=1" for showing the help ID when which are searched after pressing F1
    Could you tell me more about this command ? I don't know at all this... showhelpid=1 : is it a navision property???
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Morgan wrote:
    Thanks, I enjoy there are information about that but,
    look into documentation for on-line help creating for Navision (Creating Navision Online Help.chm)...
    Where could I find this help ? :-k (nothing on my navision cd...)
    You can find many documentation and tools in "Online Help Tools"...
    What is "online help tools" ?? This component isn't installed with Navision ?
    you can use the command prompt swith "showhelpid=1" for showing the help ID when which are searched after pressing F1
    Could you tell me more about this command ? I don't know at all this... showhelpid=1 : is it a navision property???

It is on Navision tool cd... sorry, I forget... ask your NSC or if you are from NSC, download it from partnerguide... If you send me contact, I can try to send it to you...

showhelpid is runtime parameter... add it into your shortcut at the end of command line (after fin.exe) - it is same as ID= or SERVERNAME= parameters etc.

If you run "fin.exe showhelpid=1" and press F1, messages will popup about which ID are searched and which are found...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    OK,
    I have found it on partnerguide, I'm going to take a look at the documentation !!

• Options
    satyajitsatyajit Member Posts: 28
    hello Kine,

Please forward me the on-line help documentation for creatingNavision (Creating Navision Online Help.chm).

Thanking you in advance.

Regards
    Satyajit
  • Options
    satyajitsatyajit Member Posts: 28
    kine,

my contact details: s.sur@direction.biz

Regards
    Satyajit