Options

export table from one company to another company in navision

jksjks Member Posts: 277
Hi,

How can i export data of table from one company to another company? Both companies belong to the same database. The table that i want to export is available in both the companies.

I simply want to export data from one company to another company.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Options
    Sergey_R.Sergey_R. Member Posts: 6
    jks wrote:
    Hi,

How can i export data of table from one company to another company? Both companies belong to the same database. The table that i want to export is available in both the companies.

Thanks for any help.

Use Import/Export Data from File->Import/Export.Just save this table as object from A-compny using Export Data,and then enter to another B-company and choose Import from File menu.Program'll ask you: "This table is already exists,would you like to change it?" and so on..Click "yes".That's all..
  • Options
    I did so.

From A-company i exported the table and save it as *.fob. Then from b-company i imported it. When i do that i presents one dialog saying

All objects have been examined, and no conflicts were found.

Choose Yes to import all objects, no to open import worksheet and cancel to stop the import.

I pressed Yes.

But data is not transferred to the table of b-company.

Please Help.
  • Options
    Sergey_R.Sergey_R. Member Posts: 6
    jks wrote:
    I did so.

From A-company i exported the table and save it as *.fob. Then from b-company i imported it. When i do that i presents one dialog saying

All objects have been examined, and no conflicts were found.

Choose Yes to import all objects, no to open import worksheet and cancel to stop the import.

I pressed Yes.

But data is not transferred to the table of b-company.

Please Help.

Can't imagine..That was default mechanism of data import..Or u can manually transfer it :mrgreen: .I'll try to find it out with our spesialists..
  • Options
    EvertPrinsEvertPrins Member Posts: 6
    Import/Export from the file menu doesnt work for the Data of a table.
    Only the 'design' of a table or object is exported.

If you want to export the data from a table, you have to create a dataport to export it.
    You can use the same dataport to import the data from the table in a other company.
  • Options
    Created one dataport. In the design of that dataport as the dataitem i chose my table name. At run time i provided fields of the selected table and then provided the name of the text file and then selected Export option. But when i run it nothing is going to be stored in text file.

Please help.
  • Options
    EvertPrinsEvertPrins Member Posts: 6
    Have you added fields to the Field Designer?

Design your dataport.
    Select your table in the Dataport Designer.
    Chose View - Dataport Fields.

Here you can chose the fields of the table that have to be exported.
    You dont have to wright any code for this.

Save the dataport and now you will be able to export the data
  • Options
    now it works.

Thanks
  • Options
    kenlkenl Member Posts: 182
    Hello,

If you want to copy all data from one company to another, you can use backup / restore to do it.

1. Backup your source company.
    2. Rename your source company as your target company
    3. Restore the backup into Navision.

In this way you will have two complete same data company.

If you want to copy the setup table from one company to another, you can use the setup checklist (Admin-> Application setup-> General -> Setup checklist)

Hope this help
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    General Ledger->Setup->Setup Checklist->Functions->Copy Data
  • Options
    Hi all,

With the help of the dataport i have transfered one column of my table.

When i use dataport to transfer multiple columns of my source table, i am able to transfer only last record.
    When i see the text file it includes all the records.

Can't i transfer multiple columns using dataport?

Thanks for any help.
  • Options
    TbiTbi Member Posts: 33
    Take a look at the CHANGECOMPANY function.
    You can f.ex create a report, copy each record and insert them in the other company by using CHANGECOMPANY...
  • Options
    KowaKowa Member Posts: 918
    If the table isn't too large ( depends on available memory) you can use the clipboard to copy the records.
    Start two clients , one for each company. Open the table in the old company in the object designer, mark all records (CRTL-A) copy them (CTRL-C) , change to other client ( ALT-TAB), run the same table in the object designer and insert the records. ((CRTL-V).
    Kai Kowalewski
  • Options
    Hi,

My source table contains so many records. so i am unable to copy them to the clip board.

Where can i find CHANGECOMPANY function?

Please help.
  • Options
    KowaKowa Member Posts: 918
    Kai Kowalewski
  • Options
    nishandesainishandesai Member Posts: 23
    HI Friends I suppose u dont need to do all such importin n exporting thing when they r companies of same databse. What u can do is which ever tables data u need to share , open that table in designer mode, then go to EDIT-> Select Object.. The tbale wil be selected then go to Properties, There u will find an option. Datapercompnay-> there make it no.. So the data will be shared amongst all the comapnies

I am sure this will work.

Regards
    Nishan
  • Options
    But what if the companies belong to different databases.
  • Options
    nishandesainishandesai Member Posts: 23
    Hi,

Thanks for any help.

HI JKS sorry for such late reply. actually from ur question i thoguht u were talking about the companies of the same database.. If u want to transfer the data from one company to another of another database. what u can do is like create a dataport and add all the fields that u want to transfer, create the same dataport or export n import it to the receipeint company n run it there, ur data will be shifted to the new company

cheers
    nishan
  • Options
    Hello nishandesai,

Thanks for your suggestion.