Options

Over Recieve PO, PO Overages

rparkrpark Member Posts: 5
Is anyone aware of a way to over receive a PO line item in Navision without changing the original order quantity

My client will accept overage on PO's and does not want to change the original PO qty as they want to be able to track the original order qty compared to the qty received

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    edited 2005-07-21
    how about adding another line on the PO for the same item with the additional qty.

or if you don't want it known or have to pay for the extra :-#

you could always enter an Item Journal entry type "Purchase" and plus it into stock. :roll:

not that I have ever done that :^o
  • Options
    awarnawarn Member Posts: 261
    You could also archive the original PO and then change the quantity.

-a
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    you could also add a new field 'original quantity' and populate it with the quantity the first time the order is released.
  • Options
    DenSter wrote:
    you could also add a new field 'original quantity' and populate it with the quantity the first time the order is released.

We actually do this on our sales orders, works great. We have added a Qty_Ordered field.

Now on our invoices we have two columns 1 for qty_ordered & 1 for qty-shipped.
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Amazing the stuff that comes flying outta my head huh 8)
  • Options
    rparkrpark Member Posts: 5
    Is there anyway to just allow user to receive more than was ordered, and Just provide a warning message? Other solututions I have worked with allow this.

Would this be a major change that would mess up accounting logic

Do not want to have to go to the trouble of changing the PO because this happens alot as the contract with the suppling vendor allows for overages
  • Options
    rpark wrote:
    Other solututions I have worked with allow this.

We were allowed to do this in an old Macola accouting system. But receiving merchandise and creating Vendor invoices were not connected. Receiving was seperate and we had to manually enter invoices. Creating Invoices right from PO's has saved us a ton of time.

anyway...
    With customization anything is possible but is it really that much extra work to do it one of the suggested ways?
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Our customer have this modification from us too, because they are ordering some quantity, but vendor is sending some quantity, which have... it can be less or more than ordered. The customer want to track this to sort vendors into quality classes... on order they have new field - original quantity... :-) It seems as common solution of this problem... because it is only for reporting, it is easy way...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.