Options

Age Account Receivable Reporting by Dimension

AdeyAdey Member Posts: 7
edited 2012-04-18 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all,

could someone please help on the above subject with details:

I want to report Customers' debts by dimension. The dimension with which I want to analyse is a shortcut dimension 3 and it is not reporting in the Cust. Ledger Entry.
so i need to be able to filter by the dimension value defined per customer transaction which means if a customer had multiple transactions with different department in one company, the report should display the multiple transaction per department which is the Dimension Value code of desire.

Comments

• Options
    anybody with a clue.
  • Options
    kmkaotkmkaot Member Posts: 261
    Create flow field in customer ledger entry for Short cut dimensions, value from Ledger Entry Dimension table and then generate rep-ort as per your requirements.

It is simple
  • Options
    Thank you for your response as it has solved the first phase of my challenge but I have not been able to display its content on the report. It is not coming out after adding it to the Integer section.
    Is there a challenge with adding a flow filter to a report section?
  • Options
    sprashanthsprashanth Member Posts: 18
    Use CALCSUMS to show a flowfield value in the report.
    Cheers,
    Prashanth.
  • Options
    thanks Prashanth, i think CALCSUMS is used for decimal type variables but i think CALCFIELDS should do but after trying, it was returning yes as output.
    Since it is a flowfield, i think it should appear by simple assignment to the control on the report.

still trying to figure out the solution.
    regards.
  • Options
    BernardJBernardJ Member Posts: 57
    It is not usual to include the CALCFIELDS command as the controlsource. As you can see in the online help, this function returns a boolean indicating whether the function was successful or not.

The online help also states that "when a FlowField is a direct source expression of a control on a form or a report, the calculation will be performed automatically". So if you put this field on a section that belongs to the integer dataitem, you will need CALCFIELDS in the OnAfgerGetRecord to update the flowfield on the corresponding record.
  • Options
    sprashanthsprashanth Member Posts: 18
    Adey wrote:
    thanks Prashanth, i think CALCSUMS is used for decimal type variables but i think CALCFIELDS should do

:shock: That was a typing mistake!!!
    Cheers,
    Prashanth.