Options

Creating a "multiple inquiry"

Shibby01Shibby01 Member Posts: 17
edited 2012-04-17 in NAV Three Tier
Hey,
in the standard version of ms dynamics nav it is only possible to create a "singleinquires" for one supplier with n article.
So my question is: is it possible to create "multiple inquiries"? that means m suppliers or contacts and n article can be entered?

I would be very grateful for an answer

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    If you mean by "inquiry" the "quote" in NAV, no. Each document in NAV could be only for one Vendor/Customer. Of course, some addons or solutions could add this functionality in different ways. Question is - what you want to solve with this? What is the main reason for this functionality, you will like to have?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    kine wrote:
    Question is - what you want to solve with this? What is the main reason for this functionality, you will like to have?

I believe it's "a request for a quote" (Even though it's also called quote on purchase side). So that you can ask for n items a quote from different vendors to have an easy compare. It could be actually a quite cool addon if you think about it for a moment. The make order functionality added could create (multiple) order(s) based on "cheapest items, cheapest grand total, shortest delivery time, ...
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Ok, I understand. And I think there is nothing like that in W1.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    aseigleaseigle Member Posts: 207
    you can leverage the Copy Document functionality to copy the Purchase quote for different vendors. Of course, you could probably modify it to allow you to select multiple "Sell-to vendors" rather than doing it one at a time, but I always prefer a little bit of user training before a customization.