Options

item tracking lines mandatory

Carlos_PtCarlos_Pt Member Posts: 21
edited 2012-04-13 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all,

i have a requirement to execute a function when the user has inputted all of the item tracking lines for a order, how can i know this?

thanks

Comments

• Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    If you didnt enter Item tracking and tried to post then it will show error message..

the check is in CU22-CheckItemTracking function
  • Options
    Thanks,

what i need is a function i can call before posting the sales order, where the user will have a function to create back to back orders.
  • Options
    Can you be more clear please..

What do you mean by "Create back to back orders"?
  • Options
    I've taken the function "Create Return Related-Documents" from the Sales Return Order to the Sales Order, that we will use to create Purch. Orders for a company that does not have stock. I want to add a validation that in order to run this function, the user must have inputted all of the item tracking lines.
  • Options
    rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    Did you take a look at the "Special Order -> Purchase Order" function in the SO?
  • Options
    Yes, and drop shipment orders. Everything is coded and accepted by the customer they just want to make mandatory that the item tracking information is inserted to use this functions
  • Options
    I didnt try this but you can try this by using standard functions like
    CheckTrackingSpecification function in CU 80
    CheckItemTracking function in CU 22
  • Options
    Carlos_Pt wrote:
    Yes, and drop shipment orders. Everything is coded and accepted by the customer they just want to make mandatory that the item tracking information is inserted to use this functions
    This makes no sense. How can someone know the tracking data of something that is yet to be delivered? Tracking data for purchased goods is entered in the purchase order when they arrive/are supplied.
  • Options
    rhpnt wrote:
    Carlos_Pt wrote:
    This makes no sense. How can someone know the tracking data of something that is yet to be delivered? Tracking data for purchased goods is entered in the purchase order when they arrive/are supplied.

I dont think i've explained to well, item tracking lines are inserted in a Sales Order. On the Sales Order i have a function that creates automatically a Purchase Order (Back to Back Order). All i need is to make sure that tracking info was inserted in the Sales Order before triggering my function.

Thanks
  • Options
    ReinhardReinhard Member Posts: 249
    From the sales order, you open the page "Item Tracking Lines" and you can see if any lines have been created. This is how you would check manually.
    What you have to do is replicate the same action but through code.

Take a look at the Action on the Sales Order. Also you will see that there are a lot of functions in the page itself. You can call those same functions to generate the same data set as what would appear in the page. From there, you can test to see if they have created the lines or not.
  • Options
    Carlos_Pt wrote:
    I dont think i've explained to well, item tracking lines are inserted in a Sales Order. On the Sales Order i have a function that creates automatically a Purchase Order (Back to Back Order). All i need is to make sure that tracking info was inserted in the Sales Order before triggering my function.
    That's the point. How can someone enter item tracking data (Serial No., Lot No.) for items that will be purchased!? Unless you mean that the items in the SO are in stock and the PO is used to replenish the sold quantity. In that case you don't have to do anything if the items in question have the right item tracking setup.