Options

Automatic Email Scheduling

tularamtularam Member Posts: 97
edited 2012-04-10 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all,
My client have a requirement. He want to do an automatic email to the customer at the end of day to inform about the invoices created over the day at the end of the day (Lets Say 5 pm). I think i have to do scheduling for this task, is there any scheduling feature available in NAV? I am completely new about this task. Please help

Regards,
Tularam

Comments

• Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    Yes, search for Navision Application Server
  • Options
    mihail_kolevmihail_kolev Member Posts: 379
    also check this post for setting the mail in navision: http://blog.navisioncanbefun.com/2009/0 ... ision.html
    -Mihail- [MCTS]
  • Options
    I was asking for automatic sending email based on time not on the event. Lets say it automatically sends the information of created invoices over whole day and sends by email (lets say at 6 pm ) everyday. I can prepare email sending but donot know how to handle time?
  • Options
    vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    Did you get tried with both the above solutions..?
  • Options
    vijay_g wrote:
    Did you get tried with both the above solutions..?
    Yes but not found exactly what i want. I want it just on time not on button click or user event
  • Options
    You should have look on Nav Application server (as mohana's suggest) with this you don't need to click anywhere.

It will automatically execute the object on sechdule time which you have defined to run. take a look at this.
  • Options
    Thanks Vijay and Mohana
  • Options
    Is there any other way for it?
    If i have to do that on Ontimer trigger of a form is there any way to open form in background?

Regards
    Tularam
  • Options
    You would required to open a session having open to that form where you have put your code(ontimer trigger of form) to send mail.

You can't open that form in background.
  • Options
    davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    Since this post is in the multi tier forum, I am going to assume you are running NAV 2009 and SQL Server.
    This gives you the Classic option of running the job queue via NAS which schedules tasks.
    You can use web services using Windows to schedule tasks.
    You can use SQL Server agents to schedule SQL Server tasks which includes mail functions and of course the use of SQL to query data.

The other option you seem to like is keeping a form running continuously using a timer - seems a little primitive to me, but should work as long as the form stays up.