Options

Web Service: Network Service asking for username/password

infonoteinfonote Member Posts: 233
edited 2012-04-03 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I have created a web service (single tier) with login as a network service. When I try to access the web service from another computer using the browser it is asking me for the username and password.

Since the other computer is connected to the domain, the username and password should not appear.

1) Has anyone ever encountered this problem?
2) The Web Service, database and service are all on the same tier i.e. not three-tier.

This problem seems to be affecting a .NET application which connects to NAV Web Service.
On our local system, with identical code and setup, the problem does not occur.

Could this be related to a network setup/domain problem?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    JAJJAJ Member Posts: 52
    infonote wrote:
    Hi,

I have created a web service (single tier) with login as a network service. When I try to access the web service from another computer using the browser it is asking me for the username and password.

Since the other computer is connected to the domain, the username and password should not appear.

1) Has anyone ever encountered this problem?
    2) The Web Service, database and service are all on the same tier i.e. not three-tier.

This problem seems to be affecting a .NET application which connects to NAV Web Service.
    On our local system, with identical code and setup, the problem does not occur.

Could this be related to a network setup/domain problem?

Thanks in advance.

Hi infonote,

Yes I encountered this problem. The first time in a session that user try to connect via Web service it asking for de user and passowrd. I solved this issue adding the site of Web service in trusted sites in Internet explorer.

I hope that this solve your issue.

Regards.