Options

barcode: Interleaved 2 of 5 problems

thecanadianthecanadian Member Posts: 12
edited 2012-04-02 in NAV Three Tier
Hello mibuso. Its my first time posting but after googling I noticed that many members know alot about barcodes here and I wanted to ask for help :)

I have a pretty good understanding of barcode symbology such as UPC-A/E and EAN-13, but interleaved 2 of 5 seems to get the better of me. Recently I've been trying to learn how to use I2of5 but every time I try to replicate other "Interleaved 2 of 5" barcodes to test if I'm making them correctly, my UPC does not match with theirs :( It's weird. I have been using a number of online barcode generators such as: http://www.barcodegenerate.com/interlea ... rator.aspx

Are the digits underneath the barcode incorrect?
I have attached an image if someone wants to explain what I'm doing wrong, and could help me out.

:) Regards

Comments

• Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Search the forum for barcode generator. I believe it creates 25 interLeaved

Or check this
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=42229
  • Options
    Savatage wrote:
    Search the forum for barcode generator. I believe it creates 25 interLeaved

Or check this
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=42229
    Thanks Savatage, but no matter what barcode generator I use, I still get the same output, which does not match the picture I attached on my Original post.

Is that product barcode generated with a different symbology other than Interleaved 2 of 5? Because it looks exactly like I2of5!

This is my first time playing with interleaved; so I was wondering if anyone could replicate that picture, because I'm confused as heck :-k

thx
  • Options
    So you have tried to create a barcode with some other generator and both options I provided. And they don't look as you expect. Do the three you tried look the same? Then perhaps the one you are trying to mimick is wrong. At the end of the day do they all scan correctly?
  • Options
    Savatage wrote:
    So you have tried to create a barcode with some other generator and both options I provided. And they don't look as you expect. Do the three you tried look the same? Then perhaps the one you are trying to mimick is wrong. At the end of the day do they all scan correctly?
    Thanks again for the reply Savatage. I have not gotten the chance to scan them yet because currently I don't have access to a scanner(useless I know). But I just realized that the online generators do obviously work right, it's just that I don't understand the encoding of products with interleaved 2of5 #-o

From what I have searched through the internet so far, I can't find any resources talking about the encoding of products with interleaved 2of5. So scanning them would be useless right now. Do you have any resources that I could read through to gain more insight on how to encode product labels using it, etc?

Thanks for the support thus far :D
  • Options
    I'm not 100% sure what your problem is I just know from reading the posts about
    http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=1185
    And
    http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=106
    That it worked for them. We use barcodes but not that one.
    So I can't tell you more about 2/5 interleaved.
    But they wouldn't be saying " works great" n stuff if it didn't create what they needed.
  • Options
    Thanks Savatage. Yes I did use that program, and do know that it works well; I was just looking for more info about the labeling of products with it but I understand that you don't use that type of barcode symbology yourself :) I don't either but I wanted to try. I'll keep searching around for more info about it for labeling.

Thanks for all the help :D