Options

XmlPorts Events are not supported in RTc ???

johnny_martins00johnny_martins00 Member Posts: 39
edited 2012-03-31 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

After a good time spending on XmlPorts and events and Business notifications i was able to create a working scheme and send the email notification...

All my test were made on Classic Client, and when i tested on RTC nothing worked... :S After a debuging session i realized that the code unit that i was using , 8000 Business Manag., was checking the ISServiceTier , and that was the reason why the event wasnt triggered from RTC.

My problem it's that if i remove the ISSERVICETIER check, compiling the code unit gives me a warning that XmlPort Event are not supported.......????

Does the events work on RTC? What am i missing here?

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance
regards
JM

Comments

• Options
    VjekoVjeko Member Posts: 55
    No, unfortunately XMLport events were never supported under NST, which means you can't make them work in RTC. I might not be completely clear from the documentation, but the System Requirements document for NAV 2009 states that Business Notifications Client is a subcomponent of the classic client. So - no, you are out of luck, you can't utilize XMLport events in NST.
    (Co-)author of "Implementing Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009"
    http://vjeko.com/
  • Options
    johnny_martins00johnny_martins00 Member Posts: 39
    Hi Vjeko,

Damm it.. :) Thanks for your reply... I was hooping for a solution but my worst predictions were confirmed.... :S

Isn't there any solution to triggers a event from RTC, like on the last page action call a form that triggers the event or any other way?

Thanks for your reply
    Regards
    JM
  • Options
    VjekoVjeko Member Posts: 55
    Sorry Johnny - I've completely missed that there was a reply on this thread. Actually, no - there is nothing you can do about real XMLport events. You may simulate something, or program something - at least if you simply want to send e-mails. Or you may develop a .NET interop class which would communicate with notification services, and then simulate whatever Business Notifications was doing.
    (Co-)author of "Implementing Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009"
    http://vjeko.com/