Options

Did anybody try Amyuni PDF on RTC?

lakshmivallurulakshmivalluru Member Posts: 168
edited 2012-03-22 in NAV Three Tier
We couldn't get it work.

We get an error:

The server "net.[url=tcp://server01:7046/DynamicsNAV3/Service]tcp://server01:7046/DynamicsNAV3/Service[/url]" is either unavailable or your connection has been lost. Do you want to attempt to reconnect?

Also error on Event Viewer:
Type: System.ArgumentException
Message: Invalid Conversion. Source: <NULL>, Destination: Int32.
LR

Comments

• Options
    Ian_Piddington10199Ian_Piddington10199 Member Posts: 167
    What are you trying to do with it, can the SaveAsPDF command replace what you are trying to do? We used to use Amyuni for sending remittances etc but with RTC we have been able to move away from it.

Ian
    Regards

Ian
  • Options
    dgwdgw Member Posts: 3
    We also cant get the Amyuni dll to work with the rtc.
    We get the same error.
    Our solution would convert a nav report to pdf and automatically send this to the customer by email.
    Any ideas anyone?
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nav-reporting/archive/2009/10/08/send-email-with-pdf-attachment-in-nav-2009.aspx
    you can get rid of any pdfprinter you have (unless you have to do special things like merging, placing watermarks etc...)
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    lagerberglagerberg Member Posts: 19
    Hi,
    I just ran into this problem as well. Have asked Amyuni, but they have not seen this before.
    I identified the problem starting with a call to a specific function: pdfConverter.FileNameOptionsEx(3);
    When i execute that line from the RTC (or web service for that matter), it crashes as stated above.
    I tried upgrading to version 4.5 of Amyuni, but no change there.
    I have a full blown environment set up, three different computers involved and delegation set up and working.
    Could this be related to the rights of the account used to run the Nav Server service?
    Did any of you who experienced this find a solution?
    I can't use SaveAsPDF, because I need to run the older report (invoice)....
    Peter Lagerberg
    Navet AB
    Sweden
  • Options
    amyunitechamyunitech Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

We have being investigating this issue for sometime and we believe the solution to this issue is changing which printer Navision prints to. We found that when using RTC you can either create the printer (using our CDINTF) object on the server or client.

When the object is created on the server, it looks like Navision is not allowing the printer (Amyuni) properties to change and therefore the printing fails. When the object is created on the client, Navision allows the printer settings to be changed but you can not change the system’s default printer.

In order to resolve this situation you will need to have Navision print to a specific print and not the system’s default printer. Actually when ever possible the recommended method for printing from an application is changing the application’s active printer and not the system’s default. A number of windows application expose the application printer property and you simply need to set that property to a particular printer.

I have been researching if Navision has this property but unfortunately the documentation for Navision is not very extensive and I didn’t come up with anything. What I did find were comments about changing report settings to print to specific printers. Hopefully this points you in the right direction?
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff477105(v=NAV.60).aspx

Hope this is helpful?
  • Options
    lakshmivallurulakshmivalluru Member Posts: 168
    amyuni version 3.0 works for us on RTC. is it still a problem for you?
    LR