Options

Details in header or footer

rcgrcg Member Posts: 6
edited 2012-03-22 in NAV Three Tier
I have a question, I need to put a comment lines in the footer section on RTC layout.

Is it posible? I try it by setdata and getdata, but I have only the last comment line.

Example

I have this in a details field in a table: =Fields!Sales_Comment_Line_Comment.Value
The report has 3 comments : Comment 1, Comment 2 and Comment 3 but in the footer only print Comment 3.

Does anyone know how I can do?

Thank you so much

Comments

• Options
    skullaskulla Member Posts: 140
    To print all comments you need to use table as this acts like repeater. One solution i can suggest is to place a table in body section and create groups and use filters on that group based on sales comment line no.. This way for example if you have created 5 groups you will have 5 rows and each cell has its own name which you can refer in Footer section using ReportItems to print 5 comments.
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    I've never tried skulla solution, but i offer you the one i've used. Choose what you think is more suitable 4 you.

A. (in NAV report designer): create a text array variable, and put your comments in it: you need to define a limit of comments to print, because the rdlc header/footer sections are STATIC and DO NOT expand/collapse based on the controls contained in it. As you may have noticed, you cannot use tables/lists objects in header/footer sections of rdlc.
    Put all the elements of the text array in your desired section of the report, in order to make them available in the dataset (e.g.: Comment[1] Comment[2] and so on)
    B. (in rdlc report designer): put your existing layout (the body section) in a list, and group the list by document number (or whatever field your report is grouped), then put the setdata(Comment[1]), setdata(Comment[2]) within the list.
    Add the "getdata" textboxes in your footer. Game over. :wink:
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    lakshanvindanalakshanvindana Member Posts: 79
    For RTC Report Body -> Table footer
    1. take another table tool, and put Comment field in detail line, remove header and footer
    2. place that table in main table footer, where you needs to display the comments
    3. you can display all comments line by line

For RTC Report Footer
    you have to use code, but then also there is a limit of display
    Lakshan Kulawansa
    ERP Consultant - MS Dynamics NAV
    https://lk.linkedin.com/pub/lakshan-vindana-kulawansa/37/2a2/592