Options

cs files are not created during RTC debugging

dronychdronych Member Posts: 9
edited 2012-03-21 in NAV Three Tier
hi,

i would like to try the debugging mode, implemented into NAV 2009 R2, first in the CustomSettings.config file located in “%PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Service" path i changed the EnableDebugging key to "true", then I restarted the NAV service, ran the RTC again, and here the .cs files should have been created in the “%PROGRAMDATA%\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Server\MicrosoftDynamicsNavServer\source” folder, but they have not been, although the folders for the objects are created. Have anyone encountered the same issue?

During setting up i used this description: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nav/archive/2012/03/05/rtc-debugging.aspx

Answers

• Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    Is Servicetier installed in your system only?
  • Options
    in my environment i do not use client/server model, both servicetier and RTC are installed onto the same machine
  • Options
    cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    Have you restarted the Dynamics NAV service and the Dynamics Webservice after enabling debugger?
    i've restarted both nav business web services and server services, and didn't help, then restarted the machine, only then it worked out, so now works ok
  • Options
    mihail_kolevmihail_kolev Member Posts: 379
    probably you've just hit restart on the webservice service and the server service. This mean that an instance of the Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Server is still running during the restarts. When you restart the machine, all instances are stopped and the debug information is been created. Next time stop both services and start them again, instead of restart them one by one :)
    -Mihail- [MCTS]
  • Options
    @mihail_kolev yes, you're absoultely right, that's what i did, thank you
  • Options
    mihail_kolevmihail_kolev Member Posts: 379
    You can mark your topic as "Solved" - Edit your first post and choose Attribute [SOLVED] :)
    -Mihail- [MCTS]