Options

Business Analytics DataUpdate process

kenlkenl Member Posts: 182
Hello,

I am using Business Analytics with Navision 4.0.

I have run through the setup and install step for BA.

I want to know, how can I update the data from Navision database into the Business Analytic database (BA for MBS - Navision 4.0)?

Any idea?
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Iqbal_FebrianoIqbal_Febriano Member Posts: 66
    Hi, I'm working with BA for Navision 3.7, but I think it has no significant difference. Try to go to your SQL Server Enterprise Manager, choose appropiate server, see for Data Transformation Services (DTS), choose local packages, and run them.
    That shall update your BA database
    Be fast, be straight, be quiet
  • Options
    SaalekSaalek Member Posts: 181
    Hi
    I'm working with Navision 4 and Business Analytics.

The data are updated when you launch the configurator. It deletes the "BA Database for Navision 4" database, and it creates again. In this moment, it transfer all new data and configuration from Navision database to BA Database.

" I think Microsoft must change this work mode, because, if I create 2 diferent configuration, I Can't have it in the same database because it deletes the database wen I launch the configurator.If I create some cubes in the same configuration, I have the problem with the fields names (It is easy to resolve it, but the customers haven't patience to do it.I Hope some modifications in final version (August is near to have SP1) "

Bye
  • Options
    Thanks all.

In order to update the data from NA DB to BA DB, I run the configurator again.

But now I have a problem.

When I re-run it, system said cannot delete the BA DB... Then I go to SQL enterprise manager, high light the BA DB, right click-> All Task -> Detach DB, here I see 1 connection to the DB (I don't know where is the connection from, I am using a standard alone computer), I click clear all connection, then cancel the detach DB process. After that I go back to Navision and re-run the Start Configurator, this time the process was completed.

However, when I run BA again, using Window authentication, there is an error "The network connection was aborted by the local system"

I am using a stand alone computer. I use all default option during the installation. Both the service ANTDaemon and ANTserver are running (Log On As ".\BAUSER_KENL"

Any idea? :(
  • Options
    Hello,

I find one more error.

Whenever I fail to login BA, I click the upper right corner X to close the application (The normal way to quit). However, in my task manager, the program BA.exe is still there. I have to manually kill the process.

For my login problem, I finally uninstall BA and reinstall it again. This time I do not re-run the Start Configurator. After I install BA basic + Advance, I can relogon BA. But I have no idea why I didn't able to login before.

Any idea?
  • Options
    SaalekSaalek Member Posts: 181
    Hi
    1- About BA error when you relaunch BAConfiguator.
    On the last BA I downloaded, it is a document about known issues. To resolve this error Microsoft sais this:

Unable to remove database message when trying to run the configurator
    This message occurs if an attempt to run the configurator is made too soon after another run.

The workaround is to stop and restart the MSSQLServerOLAPService or simply wait a few minutes.

This doesn't work. You must stop SQL and restart it (Or stop all conections).

2- About BA access error when you launch installation BAConfigurator:

I think the problem is, that the AntServer and AntDaemon services must have un administrator privilege account (BAUser account doesn't have this privelege).

Bye