Options

Record variables in rtc reports

shillshill Member Posts: 21
edited 2012-03-14 in NAV Three Tier
Hi
I created a report in classic and the selected 'create layout suggestion' from tools menu. I saved the layout, closed it, and then saved and closed report in classic. Next I run the report in classic using dynamicsnav:////runreport?report=number.

The report is running, but the data inserted through record variables, eg. company name and company address are not getting displayed. The same report is working perfectly in classic.

Please help.

Comments

• Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    Create layout Suggestion will not create 100% layout..its just a suggestion..open the layout the fix the issues..
  • Options
    I tried that. I changed the expression using the data set available. But not getting the output.
    Only the variables with record data are not visible.
  • Options
    Check the base reports how Headers are shown..
    Can you show us your rdlc layout?
  • Options
    Not only the headers. Otherwise also, for example data in body.
    Refer to attached screen shot.
    rep.png 43.8K
  • Options
    Are these fields in Body section of rdlc?

they should be in Page header or not? :-k
  • Options
    Consider this attachment.
    rep.png 35.1K
  • Options
    Please check the base reports..how company name is shown..
    i guess it should be in page header not in body table's header..(based on your requirement..offcource)

And also check dataset results..
  • Options
    See this report. It is different from the first one, but with same problem. Its a much simpler report. But record variable is not getting displayed. M also attaching the cc preview.
  • Options
    SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    Maybe you should read up on how rdlc reports actually work and handle data/records.
    It's obvious you're just trying something out without understanding how you get to the results.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • Options
    Actually I have already referred many blogs uptil now. As far as I understood m doing fine. Wait, let me tell you.

1. I created a report and designed its section.
    2. Created the suggestion layout.
    3. Added/Modified some fields and their position, using data set.
    4. Saved and closed it.
    5. Saved and compiled report in cc.
    6. Executed report in cc, which is working.
    7. In RTC, the same report is not showing the record fields.

What wrong am I doing? Please tell.
  • Options
    boevesboeves Member Posts: 6
    When you run the report in the RTC and the PDF Viewer opens with the print preview, click on the About This Report icon in the right hand corner. The first time it will tell you that you need to run the report again, but after you do, you will see the data set that is being passed to the report. You can then determine if the data you think should be going to the report is going to the report or not.

If it is not, the problem is in C/Side. If you see the field has data in the "about this report" dataset then there is a formatting issue on the Visual Studio side of things.

See if that gets you any further.
  • Options
    I viewed about this report data and its showing nothing for record one. But m not getting the problem.
  • Options
    M not able to find an already created report which displays record variable as I want to. Please help if anyone knows.