Interpreting BLOB field in User Menu Level table

ALopez2710ALopez2710 Member Posts: 47
Does anybody know or have a routine to interpret the BLOB field in the User Menu Level table? Somehow this has to be tied to the Menu objects (GUID link?), it would be nice to get a report of what menus each user has access to. I have exported our menu suite object to text and can see the GUID # and description of the menu, however, I don't know how to link this to what is in the BLOB of the above mentioned table. Thanks.

Comments

• KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
    Hi,

I wrote such a utility a couple of years back and I will try and upload it to Mibuso today.
    I'll let you know when it is out there.

Regards,

Willy
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.
    Hi,

here is the download link: http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=1430

Have fun,

Willy
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.
  • ALopez2710ALopez2710 Member Posts: 47
    Thanks Willy.

It seems close to what I need but I'm interested in finding what Menu Suites a user is assigned to, is it a matter of changing the codeunit to not filter on these?

Andres
    Hi Andres,

I will see if I can figure that one out. It might be a couple of days, we are quite busy and this weekend I'm putting in a pool 8)

Talk to you later,

Regards,

Willy
    Willy,

You have done a fair amount of good work on this codeunit, seems like it will almost get me there, I really appreciate your help with this. Good luck with the pool, this is nothing urgent but would be great if it can be accomplished. Thanks.

Andres
    Hi,

Have you had a chance to look into this? Please let me know if you get a chance to review. Thanks.

Andres
    Andres,

I haven't been able to get around to it yet. I will try as soon as I can.

Sorry,

Regards,

Willy
  • DonaDona Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

News about this? I am interested if you have something to get a list of users with the menus assigned to them.

Thank you.