Options

Parser Error on (report on) NAV 2009 R2

lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
edited 2012-03-07 in NAV Three Tier
Have any come across this error? If so do you a workaround?

The C/AL object was not saved in compiled form. Compile it from the Object Designer and run it again.

Parser error.

Facts
a. I have a report object build on NAV 2009 SP1 (build 32029), export it (in .fob format) and import into NAV 2009 R2 (build 32752).
b. I can run report on classic client
c. Running report on RTC I get the following error:
Metadata for object of type Report with id 5092724 is in a failed state. This is caused by a previous exception:

Object of type Report with id 5092724 could not be found.
d. Now trying to recompile the report (ID = 5092724) gives the first mentioned error.

Notes
i. I can bring report into design mode
ii. Trying to compile in design mode gives same error, but no indication to where the error is due to (for examlple stopping at an erroneous statement)
Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
Never stop learning
Van Vugt's dynamiXs
Dutch Dynamics Community

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Best is to export as txt and import it back. Than you can be sure that all is recreated as it should be...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    kine wrote:
    Best is to export as txt and import it back. Than you can be sure that all is recreated as it should be...

Hi Kamil, fogotten to mention in my notes: same result.
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • Options
    Have you same build of NST and the Classic client and RTC? Have you tried to recompile all?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    deV.chdeV.ch Member Posts: 543
    Have you tried to restart NST?
  • Options
    kine wrote:
    Have you same build of NST and the Classic client and RTC?
    Well, no (due to an imcomplete reinstall today), so thanx, but to no avail. BTW: the first error is on CSIDE (independent of NST).
    kine wrote:
    Have you tried to recompile all?
    Yes, no succes
    deV.ch wrote:
    Yep, various times. No success either.
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • Options
    thankeshthankesh Member Posts: 170
    lvanvugt wrote:
    kine wrote:
    Have you same build of NST and the Classic client and RTC?
    Well, no (due to an imcomplete reinstall today), so thanx, but to no avail. BTW: the first error is on CSIDE (independent of NST).
    kine wrote:
    Have you tried to recompile all?
    Yes, no succes
    deV.ch wrote:
    Yep, various times. No success either.
    I have upgraded from NAV 4 SP3 to NAV 2009 R2. I have compiled all the objects from object designer. But, still I am unable to run few objects. It is showing the error as follows.

"The C/AL" object was not saved in compiled form. Compile it from the Object Designer and run it again."

Any idea
    :?: ](*,)
    With warm regards,

Thankesh

***Learn to lead***
  • Options
    thankeshthankesh Member Posts: 170
    Anyone guess what can be done to run those objects which shows the above error :?:
    With warm regards,

Thankesh

***Learn to lead***
  • Options
    And are you sure that there are no objects which have compiled=no e.g. because they were not compiled because you do not have some libraries installed etc.?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    mihail_kolevmihail_kolev Member Posts: 379
    have you tried to delete the record for this object in "Object Metadata" table and recompile it again?
    -Mihail- [MCTS]
  • Options
    But do not forget to not delete metadata for virtual tables. Or you need to use the workaround to compile them...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    If you accidently removed metadata for a object you can't compile you can copy the metadata record from another DB. (be sure to use a DB with same build to ensure consistency!)
  • Options
    mihail_kolevmihail_kolev Member Posts: 379
    edited 2012-03-06
    deV.ch wrote:
    If you accidently removed metadata for a object you can't compile you can copy the metadata record from another DB. (be sure to use a DB with same build to ensure consistency!)

edited... misunderstood it
    -Mihail- [MCTS]
  • Options
    Or disable and than reenamble the Dynamics NAV Server support in Database-Alter... ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Yeah but thats kinda time consuming ;)
    And i used that trick for other situations anyway (like when you can't compile a object in the current environment => components missing)
    But i just wanted to throw it in, as i was pritty surprised that you can simply copy a row from object metadata to another table... so i thought i share it ;)
  • Options
    ajhvdbajhvdb Member Posts: 672
    deV.ch wrote:
    Yeah but thats kinda time consuming ;)
    And i used that trick for other situations anyway (like when you can't compile a object in the current environment => components missing)
    But i just wanted to throw it in, as i was pritty surprised that you can simply copy a row from object metadata to another table... so i thought i share it ;)

Nice trick!!