Item Tracking in Attain3.00

zeonzeon Member Posts: 130
edited 2012-02-29 in Navision Attain
Is there any documentation on how Item Tracking works in 3.00? I can't find any documents on that!

/zeon

Comments

• ErictPErictP Member Posts: 164
    I found a document with this intro.
    If this is what you are looking for, send me a PM with your email where to send to
    Item Tracking
    Technical White Paper
    Published: May 2003

This paper primarily describes the renewed design of the item tracking system in Microsoft® Business Solutions–Navision®.
    Secondly, it outlines the serial/lot number features of early Microsoft Navision versions and, in turn, the item tracking solution as implemented in version 3.00. The functionality referred to in version 3.60 also applies to 3.70, as no changes were made in this area.
    The document is aimed at a broad Microsoft Navision audience and, therefore, the contents are mainly conceptual and logical. Design details are available in Appendix A.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    zeon wrote:
    Is there any documentation on how Item Tracking works in 3.00? I can't find any documents on that!

/zeon

Item tracking does not work in 3.00. It has big problems. Actually I never saw 3.00 actually installed, I didn't think it was made available on any markets. Even ver 3.01 had a major issues with Item Tracking. It was not really sorted out till 3.70.

I would think twice before using item tracking in that version.
    David Singleton