Options

Sales Order - Responsibility Center and Location Codes

rico1931rico1931 Member Posts: 295
edited 2012-02-28 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all,

Here is my scenario. I have two locations and responsibility centers one is called US and the other CA, When I go to open a sales order and try to change the responsibility center to CA I get an error that states "my Identification is set up to process from Responsibility Center US only" Is there a way to change this? What I would like to do is say that all sales ppl from CA were sick one day and I had to get the US sales team to cover for them so I want the responsibility center to be CA because I still want them to ship from that center.

Is there any way to do this? I've tried to delete the responsibility center from the customer cards and set all sales ppl to be "Blank" locations but it still gives me that identification error.

Has anyone tried this or have a work around? If I haven't explained myself clearly please let me know and I will try again.

Thanks
-rico1931

Comments

• Options
    aseigleaseigle Member Posts: 207
    In the user setup there are 3 fields that contain filters for responsiblity centers for Sales, Service and Purchase. If you clear the value in the Sales Resp. Ctr. Filter you'll be able to create and view sales orders that are for the other responsibility center, but the value will not default onto the order for you. You'll need to drill in and select it (unless you change the filter to CA for the day in your example).
  • Options
    aseigle wrote:
    In the user setup there are 3 fields that contain filters for responsiblity centers for Sales, Service and Purchase. If you clear the value in the Sales Resp. Ctr. Filter you'll be able to create and view sales orders that are for the other responsibility center, but the value will not default onto the order for you. You'll need to drill in and select it (unless you change the filter to CA for the day in your example).

Thanks Aseigle, I did try that and cleared the values but still get the error ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
    -rico1931
  • Options
    Close everything you have open and then try closing the company and reopening. I know it shouldn't matter, but i've found wierd tricks like that work.
  • Options
    aseigle wrote:
    Close everything you have open and then try closing the company and reopening. I know it shouldn't matter, but i've found wierd tricks like that work.

Still the same error :*-(
    -rico1931
  • Options
    can you post a screen shot of your user setup and the window with the error message? It should work. Does the Customer have a resp. center still or is it blank?
  • Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    The responiblity center is tagged against each order. So even if you changed the customer card, the orders will still retain the old responsibility code.
  • Options
    aseigle wrote:
    can you post a screen shot of your user setup and the window with the error message? It should work. Does the Customer have a resp. center still or is it blank?

attached is the screen shot of the user set up table. I am XAG and set to blank. Also the customer im working on has a "blank" responsibility center. I've also started a brand new order so it should not keep the prev responsibility center.

But at this point im pretty much throwing in the towel.. i'm just going to make multiple users with the responsibility center associated with that user name.. i've spent way to much time trying to figure this out.
    -rico1931
  • Options
    ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Can you post the error message? It is possible that there is some custom message in which case you should refer to your partner for solution.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in