Options

Workdate in RTC not updated if you're logged on 24/7

NagiNagi Member Posts: 151
edited 2012-02-16 in NAV Three Tier
Hello,

Is it true that workdate is not updated if you stay logged on in the role-tailored client? We recently upgraded a customer from classic 5.0 SP1 to RTC 6.0 SP1 R2. Some of the users are fond of leaving their client logged on during the night and when they come to work the next morning the workdate will be yesterday's date and not today's. This was never a problem with the classic client. If this is the case, is there a way to fix this issue (other than the obvious one; rebooting the client)?

Comments

• Options
    ClausHamannClausHamann Member Posts: 80
    Hi

I have noticed the same with classic v2009 client so this is not RTC specific. Not sure how it used to be but I always thought the work date only were set on login / when manually change.

Regards
  • Options
    ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Hi

I have noticed the same with classic v2009 client so this is not RTC specific. Not sure how it used to be but I always thought the work date only were set on login / when manually change.

Regards

I don't agree on this. Classic client updates the WORKDATE as soon as the date changes in the workstation. RTC however does not do this.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • Options
    ClausHamannClausHamann Member Posts: 80
    Hi

I never close the classic client overnight. This morning when I logged into TS box two of the open v2009 R2 clients had a work date that was 2 weeks old but one of them had a work date = todays date so it must have been update. I can’t explain this - will have a look tomorrow morning. Only think to note was that the client with the updated work date had a form open. The two other clients had the object designer and a report in design mode open.

Regards