Options

BOM Journal's location?

mel711mel711 Member Posts: 15
Hi guys,

I have a situation here and hopefully i can get some opinion or solution to it :lol:
Item A
=====
Location = BLUE
Qty = 10
BOM = Item B (Qty per = 1), Item C (Qty per = 1)

Item B
=====
Location = YELLOW
Qty = 10

Item C
=====
Location = RED
Qty = 10

In BOM Journal, i notice we can only select 1 location and positive and negative adjustments will be done in the selected location. In my situation, Item B and Item C are situated in different locations and after posting the BOM Journal, the adjustments affects the selected location only (which is Item A's location) which is not correct for my scenario. Is there a way where i can 'automatically' have the negative adjustments for Item B and Item C in their respective locations? :roll:

Comments

• Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    You have to write some code in codeunit 32 to transfer the components in the location you want just before posting a BOM-Journal line.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    mel711mel711 Member Posts: 15
    Ok thanks.

I was hoping there might be a configuration somewhere where i do not need to do customisation as logically there will be companies who keep components in different locations from the assembled item location. If there is anyone with this scenario and have a simpler solution, any help/advise is greatly appreciated. 8-[