Options

RTC - Barcode Free 3 of 9 on reports

rico1931rico1931 Member Posts: 295
edited 2012-01-27 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all,

So i've search and searched and read all the barcode threads and non seem to address the RTC client.

I'm using the standard 'Free 3 of 9' Barcode in my RTC reports. But when I print one out to scan it doesn't scan. Then I tried adding the '*' in =Fields!Prod__Order_Routing_Line__Operation_No__.Value so it would look like '*'=Fields!Prod__Order_Routing_Line__Operation_No__.Value'*'

At first I thought i put it in the wrong spot so i've been moving the '*' around with no luck..

does anyone have any idea why this could be happening?

Thanks for any tips or suggestion ahead of time.
-rico1931

Answers

• Options
    So now im starting to think its the actual font... Could anyone recommend to me a font that would just translate numbers and text to barcode? I've tried Free 3 of 9, code128b, Bar code 39 a-f .... etc.. none of them work.. and yes I do restart the whole computer where the RTC service is running each and every time I install a new font.

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
    -rico1931
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Try first with a constant value *123* and see if this can be scanned. All code39 barcodes should be enclosed by * or they won't scan.
    If that fails, try embedding it on a classic report and print that through a classic client. If it still can't be scanned, it's the font that needs your attention.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    Thanks! So it works fine in classic client so thanks for showing me its not my font... now any suggestion on how to embed the "*" in the RTC expression? I tried "*" =Field!myvalueHere + "*" and it craps out :-(
    -rico1931
  • Options
    NVM folks I got it.. Thanks for your help! I just had to add a "+" duuuuuhhh :-)
    -rico1931