Options

web services

shillshill Member Posts: 21
edited 2012-01-27 in NAV Three Tier
I am trying to add a web service to a .net application.
Firstly i added a page for web service and published it. Then when I checked for it in explorer or .net web reference it shows only one web service by the name System Service.
URL I used is http://localhost:7047/DynamicsNAV/WS/CR ... ./services
p1.png 14.7K

Comments

• Options
    EnricosFollyEnricosFolly Member Posts: 4
    You did not say whether or not this is your first published web service on this database. It seems like you have other services published from this database. This makes the error more perplexing

My suggestions for debugging this problem are as follows.

1) Confirm that the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server is started in services.
    2) Confirm that the database instance to which you are attempting to connect is listed in the CustomSettings.config file in D:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Service.
    E.g., <add key="DatabaseName" value="Demo Database NAV (6-0)"></add>

These configuration and system settings are assumed by the call to the service (the call to DynamicsNAV).

The service seems to be running (or else you would probably encounter an error in your services call). So I would check to assure that the correct database name is referenced in CustomSettings.config.

If it is not, the documentation recommends stopping the service, updating the config file, saving the file, and restarting the service.

Hope this helps.
    Enrico's Folly
    Heat = Work
    And all things tend to chaos
  • Options
    shillshill Member Posts: 21
    I have already checked the config file as well as the services. Everything is fine.
    The same thing is working on another system and its not the first time m using web services on this machine. Previously it worked absolutely fine. Dunno why is it creating a problem now. ](*,)
  • Options
    nileshshelarnileshshelar Member Posts: 13
    Hi Shill,

Can you please try with IP address of Web service machine. may be your machine can't able resolve machine name. :)
  • Options
    SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    Is another (maybe not related to NAV) webservice running on the same port?
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|