Options

CRM-NAV Connector help, what can be integrated / which way?

boywonderboywonder Member Posts: 179
edited 2012-01-13 in NAV Three Tier
I would like to know if it is possible to add Customers and Jobs in Dynamics CRM and have those new & changed records pushed to NAV via the Connector (NAV 2009 R2). It has to be this way around, the client wants CRM to hold the master record and the NAV record to be a slave.

I found this which implies Customers are no problem but it doesn't mention Jobs. So does that mean it is impossible or can it be customised...?

https://mbs.microsoft.com/downloads/partner/Connector/MicrosoftDynamicsCRMandDynamicsNAVIntegration.png

Many thanks :D

Comments

• Options
    StarkStark Member Posts: 39
    Hi,
    It's possible. Jobs not exist in CRM so you have to create Custom entity and sync CRM Jobs to NAV Jobs.

Cheers,
    Konstantin
    http://nav-connector.com/ - blog about Dynamics Connector
  • Options
    Hi, thanks for your help :).

Some of the other more detailed requirements are:

- that the customer record only gets created in NAV when the CRM opportunity is 'won' (to avoid lots of prospects being transferred), can the connector cope with this?

- that the customer records are created in NAV with other fields defaulted from a setup table (posting group for example)

- that records from CRM are created in a specific company in NAV depending on the code set in CRM (company table in NAV to have this same code added in a new field)

These are just a few of the requirements and I am concerned from what I have researched so far that this level of integration just isn't possible!?

As always your help is VERY much appreciated :)
  • Options
    Btt
  • Options
    StarkStark Member Posts: 39
    boywonder wrote:
    Hi, thanks for your help :).

Some of the other more detailed requirements are:

- that the customer record only gets created in NAV when the CRM opportunity is 'won' (to avoid lots of prospects being transferred), can the connector cope with this?
    In CRM you have to submit Account manually for synchronization. So answer is YES.

- that the customer records are created in NAV with other fields defaulted from a setup table (posting group for example)
    You can Map them with constants, e.g. Posting Group = "CUST", or you can use any field from CRM, So, answer is YES angain

- that records from CRM are created in a specific company in NAV depending on the code set in CRM (company table in NAV to have this same code added in a new field)
    Last Connector Version (FP7) allow you to filter Outgoing CRM data based on some conditions. It's allow you to build One to Many integration (One CRM to Many Nav Companies).
    So my answer is YES again but I'm not tried this scenario myself yet.

These are just a few of the requirements and I am concerned from what I have researched so far that this level of integration just isn't possible!?

As always your help is VERY much appreciated :)

Cheers,
    Konstantin
    http://nav-connector.com/ - blog about Dynamics Connector