Options

Integrate SVN(Version managment sytem) with NAV

nazunazu Member Posts: 70
edited 2012-01-12 in NAV Three Tier
Hi Experts,

Can someone throw light on this.I Have a subversion verison mngt system whch needs to be integrated with NAV.

How do i proceed with the same.Any help is highly appreciated

Comments

• Options
    Peter_Wibeck_[MSFT]Peter_Wibeck_[MSFT] Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 78
    Hi Nazu

Can you explain your scenario a bit. It's not clear what things you want to put under version management.
    “This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.”

Peter Wibeck
    Software Development Engineer in Test
    Dynamics NAV Server and Installer team
    http://blog.wibeck.org/
  • Options
    WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    nazu wrote:
    Hi Experts,

Can someone throw light on this.I Have a subversion verison mngt system whch needs to be integrated with NAV.

How do i proceed with the same.Any help is highly appreciated

with ReVision (www.ifactorevision.com), we're integrating with TFS and VSS .. but SVN is something we're looking into at this moment.

Integration a version management is not something you can set up "out-of-the-box", I'm afraid (don't exactly know what you expect, though). There are no plugin .. there is not anything to plug something in.. . So what we do with ReVision .. we "monitor" the client, and created our own events .. which we use to write our own plugins for integration with versioning system.. .

it IS possible though to do it manually .. export text objexts, split, import in SVN .. and so on. But in that case, we're not talking about "integration NAV with SVN", are we ;-)

so .. like Peter asks .. can you provide some more detail of what you want?

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog