Options

Editing Report Layout freezes NAV Classic Client

Est005Est005 Member Posts: 29
edited 2012-01-10 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

Whenever I edit the layout of a report on my machine, and try to design, import, export or run the report on another machine it freezes the NAV Classic Client. I am however able to view the report in RTC without any problems, on any computer. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help

Comments

• Options
    deV.chdeV.ch Member Posts: 543
    First you could check your "Object Cache (KB)" in classic client, 0 can lead to problems while compiling.

If that doesn't work try to apply a newer build. (be aware, newest builds require database conversion)
  • Options
    Thanks for your, reply, I have checked the Object Cache, and this not the issue. The report compiles fine on my machine, I can design without a problem, but if I try open it or do anything with the report on another machine then the client freezes. I have tested this and it's only if I edit the layout of a report that the problem occurs. This is not specific to a single report, it happens with any report I edit the layout on.
  • Options
    I checked the versions of NAV on the diffrent machines and the version I have is 6.00.32146 while the version on all other machines is 6.00.32012

Will test and see if this is causing the problem.
  • Options
    The problem was caused by the versions of NAV, once I did a repair install on my machine the issue was resolved.