Options

How to get print confirmation from printer

manishKharemanishKhare Member Posts: 4
Hi,
I am trying to print report and I want the confirmation from the printer that the document was printed. e.g when we give print command from any report, the final printer window opens up. The user has a option of clicking OK or CANCEL. If user clicks OK then the document will be printed without any further windows and if user selects CANCEL then document will not be printed. Now my problem is i want to execute some code if document is actually printed by the printer. So how to get feed back from printer? I am using navision 3.7
Tanks And Reagrds
Manish Khare.

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    There is no interaction you can control with the printer... the document is sent to the printer queue and the report finish.

Sorry, but I think, that there is no way how to comunicate with the printer in this way...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    Or maybe (completely theoretical idea) there is an automation of Windows to check the printerqueue. When the printerqueue doesn't contain entries of the current Windows-user, the data have been send to the printerbuffer and maybe it is already printed.
    For this, I think it is best to check the Microsoft website.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!