Options

Missing Lookup Button?

bbcaibbcai Member Posts: 80
Anyone face this problem before? The lookup button in certain field for table box will be missing...

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    More info, please... some specific field? still same or randomly? The TableRelation is set for this field?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    SaalekSaalek Member Posts: 181
    Hi
    In Navision 4 sometimes this button is missing. I don't say why. I think is Fin.exe or finsql.exe problem. I hope in next patch this problem will be resolved.

Bye
  • Options
    ngebhardngebhard Member Posts: 127
    Hi!

Are you using the form as the lookup form? Then the lookup button should be shown. Otherwise you need some more coding.

Best regards
    Nicole Gebhard
    ProTAKT Projekte & Business Software AG
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Partner
    Bad Nauheim, Germany
    http://www.protakt.de
    http://twitter.com/protakt
  • Options
    saikiransaikiran Member Posts: 22
    Guys,
    No worry. It happens in Navision 4. If you miss the lookup button, all you do is, you press F6. This will work the same as clicking on the lookup button.
    Surprisingly, if you miss the lookup button, simply type in an arbitrary value that is not there in the lookup form or table. (e.g. x@x). The program will give you an error message and after that, the lookup button will appear !!! :shock:
  • Options
    Hmmm... very nice bug (or feature?)... :-k
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    SaalekSaalek Member Posts: 181
    Hi
    With F6 we can show Lookup, but what we can do if the missing button is an option ?? (I say if i begin writting the text it appears, but the customers ....)

Bye
  • Options
    you can use ALT+DownArrow
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    bbcaibbcai Member Posts: 80
    Thanks all.