Options

Using Fieldgroups in the Lookup Trigger

mglashouwemglashouwe Member Posts: 10
edited 2011-12-21 in NAV Three Tier
Hello everybody!,

I have a question regarding Fieldgroups in a table:

On the Sales Order Page there is a dropdown on the Sell-to Customer No. Field. to the Customer Table. This is created by setting the Customer Table as TableRelation, and adding Fieldgroups to the Customer Table. This works perfect as it is! Now I added code on the Lookup Trigger to do some filtering, that I can't do in the TableRelation -> Filters. Only the problem is that I can do a Lookup to a Form, but not to a Fieldgroup in a table. Does anyone know if this is even possible?? Or found a workaround?

The code I have now on the Lookup Triigger:

//--> MGL000001
IF eHotel THEN
CustomerRec.SETRANGE(CustomerRec."eHotel active",TRUE);

FormCustomer.LOOKUPMODE(TRUE);
FormCustomer.SETRECORD(CustomerRec);
FormCustomer.SETTABLEVIEW(CustomerRec);
IF FormCustomer.RUNMODAL= ACTION::LookupOK THEN BEGIN
IF CustomerRec.FINDFIRST THEN BEGIN
FormCustomer.GETRECORD(CustomerRec);
Rec."Sell-to Customer No." := CustomerRec."No.";
VALIDATE("Sell-to Customer No.");
END;
END;
//<--MGL000001

With kind regards,

Michael Glashouwer

Comments

• Options
    deV.chdeV.ch Member Posts: 543
    Unfortunatly there is no way of using the fancy fieldgroups together with code filtering (at least i didn't find a way) because this functioanlity is skiped as soon as you place code on the OnLookup() Trigger.
    The only code filtering that works together with fieldgroups is code that is placed on the OnOpenPage() Trigger of the LookupPage that is defined on the table. In Some cases this allows you to do code filtering like a Department Filter based on User settings. But i asume this will not solve your problem...