Options

Proforma Invoicing query

JonnoJonno Member Posts: 9
edited 2011-12-15 in Navision Financials
Hi guys, just a quick query, does proforma invoicing come with standard NAV? specifically 2009 RTC ? :-k

Comments

• Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Jonno wrote:
    Hi guys, just a quick query, does proforma invoicing come with standard NAV? specifically 2009 RTC ? :-k

No.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    JonnoJonno Member Posts: 9
    Thanks for that David. I have a customer who has a partially shipped sales order. For the remaining shipment, he wants to invoice first and ship the goods later, what would be the best procedure to do this? without the functionality of proforma invoicing ofcourse, Prepayments? :-k
  • Options
    chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    Jonno wrote:
    what would be the best procedure to do this? :-k

Prepayments only.
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    I haven't done this in the UK for a while, so I don't remember the exact laws too well. The issue generally come down to tracking and later applying the payment and VAT laws. If I remember correctly the UK handles Pre Payments differently to deposits. With a pre payment that is specific to the delivery of goods, you may need to pay VAT at the point of invoicing rather than the point of shipping, which adds a whole extra layer of complexity. Where the custoemr can give you an unassigned cash deposit that acts as a guarantee of later payment. In this case there is no VAT to pay.

Sort those details out with their accountants first.
    David Singleton