Options

Can't view my Registered .NET Assembly in NAV2009 R2

Tarek_DemiatiTarek_Demiati Member Posts: 112
edited 2011-12-13 in NAV Three Tier
I'm trying to experiment a bit with the .NET Assembly in NAV2009 R2,

So I did register a third party .NET Assembly with the syntax below,
using CMD.EXE launched as Administrator :

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\regasm.exe C:\TEMP\Interop.MyEngine.dll /registered /codebase

C:"\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Bin\NETFX 4.0 Tools\gacutil.exe" /if C:\TEMP\Interop.MyEngine.dll

The assembly registered properly from the command line,
however I can't view it via NAV2009R2 when I declare
a DataType of DotNet and lookup the various assembly available ...

I've got the frameworks.NET 4.0 installed on my machine, and the component support it.

What else should I be checking ?

Comments

• Options
    freddy.dkfreddy.dk Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 360
    regasm is only needed for COM
    You only need gacutil if you don't put the assembly in the add-ins folder (under service and classic).
    NAV 2009R2 uses .net 3.5 - cannot see .net 4 assemblies - in VS under project properties you can change the version number on what you compile.

/Freddy
    Freddy Kristiansen
    Group Program Manager, Client
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    http://blogs.msdn.com/freddyk

The information in this post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This post does not represent the thoughts, intentions, plans or strategies of my employer. It is solely my opinion.
  • Options
    Thanks Freddy, I will investigate with VS (which I'm not yet familiar with!) I'm currently using a third party component

I've just find out that there are different versions of the GACUTIL.EXE based on the version of the .NET Framework used (2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0)

For someone shipping an ISV solution on top of Dynamics NAV which used a .NET assembly, I would be interested to know if this can be achieve programmatically ...
    so the .NET component is automatically installed and registered by a setup program.
  • Options
    Issue sorted! all I had to do was putting my DLL into the AddIn Folder on both the classic and RTC client.

Be aware there are 2 tabs when you lookup .NET assemblies, NAV and .NET the dll located in the AddIn folder are visible on the Dynamics NAV tab

So I really did not had to use GACUTIL.EXE at all. Thanks Freddy! :-)