Options

Nav web services appear to "block" with any exception

dbdpdbdp Member Posts: 3
edited 2011-12-07 in NAV Three Tier
I am making use of web services for several functions from windows phone (using c# ).

Under normal circumstances it all works very well.

BUT

If an error occurs, say when posting (an invalid field or something) I can no longer use the web services. It's like they block and I get "The User ID and Password are Invalid. Try again."

This can only be solved by pasting the web service link in a browser, which seems to 'Un Block' them, and then it will work again.

What is going on? Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    dbdpdbdp Member Posts: 3
    ANy ideas at all on this?
  • Options
    chethanhtchethanht Member Posts: 14
    Let me understand this correctly

You have a Windows Phone application that connects to NAV Webservices and accesses a service.
    If there is an exception throws on some operation, the Windows Phone app no longer works and gives you a authentication exception.
    But, after accessing the same service on IE or any other browser, the services starts to work again.

Is that right?
  • Options
    thomdossthomdoss Member Posts: 3
    Are you using NTLM or SPNEGO on the service tier? We are having this issue at a client, but it started when we had to set the authentication to NTLM for a WMS vendor's integration. MSFT support is aware of the issue, but I'd like to let them know someone else is having the issue.

Thom Doss
  • Options
    absolutelyfreewebabsolutelyfreeweb Member Posts: 104
    we have the same problem. the IE trick works only from the service tier computer. thanks very much for this thread.