Options

New navigation Pane in RTC

hksharmaahksharmaa Member Posts: 55
edited 2011-11-18 in NAV Three Tier
Hi All..

I have an requirement. In RTC, we have Home,Departments in the Navigation Pane. I want to Create a New one With Name Accounts and i wanted to assign that pane to all the account Users.These users when login through RTC, should only see ACCOUNTS Menu. In accounts menu i want to have pages and Reports. I have Created a New Menu ACCOUNTS and also attached pages. I am not able to attach Reports. Kindly suggest me what should be done in RTC. I don't want Users to see HOME and DEPARTMENT. When i Created ACCOUNTS MENU, i was able to copy paste Pages through DEPARTMENT,But didn't find any report in Department?? Please suggest what should be done??

Comments

• Options
    Troubles_In_ParadiseTroubles_In_Paradise Member Posts: 588
    hksharmaa wrote:
    Hi All..

I have an requirement. In RTC, we have Home,Departments in the Navigation Pane. I want to Create a New one With Name Accounts and i wanted to assign that pane to all the account Users.These users when login through RTC, should only see ACCOUNTS Menu. In accounts menu i want to have pages and Reports. I have Created a New Menu ACCOUNTS and also attached pages. I am not able to attach Reports. Kindly suggest me what should be done in RTC. I don't want Users to see HOME and DEPARTMENT. When i Created ACCOUNTS MENU, i was able to copy paste Pages through DEPARTMENT,But didn't find any report in Department?? Please suggest what should be done??

ASFAIK the only objects you can run from the navigation pane are Page (Type = List).
    ~Rik~
    It works as expected... More or Less...
  • Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    and as of now, I dont think we can remove HOME from navigation pane except you remove all links from that..
  • Options
    Yes...We can only remove Links from Home...What if we delete Department also and then have to attach Report to a New Menu.Is that possible??Can't we add reports in them as in case of Departments where we see list and Reports and Analysis .How is Department Menu Made which consists of Groups and then List,History,Tasks.If we want to make of our own can we do so??
  • Options
    What about adding them at top besides actions..
  • Options
    @Mohana ---What about adding them at top besides actions..

Too good....
    Well I think this is the only option which can be used or is there any other option.
    Thanks for your Suggestion.
  • Options
    hksharmaa wrote:
    @Mohana ---What about adding them at top besides actions..

Too good....
    Well I think this is the only option which can be used or is there any other option.
    Thanks for your Suggestion.

Welcome :)
    I can think of this way only..