Options

Time Duration for tranforming a form to page

sagarppadamatisagarppadamati Member Posts: 13
edited 2011-11-17 in NAV Three Tier
I have a form of around 400 fileds its a completely new form in a new vertical now i am planning to transform this form to page.

let me know how much time it will take on an average for a form like this?

Comments

• Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    If you have developed form properly then it will take 5 min to transform..

but as the form looks complex I suggest you to start transforming and let us know if you face any problems..
  • Options
    Troubles_In_ParadiseTroubles_In_Paradise Member Posts: 588
    I have a form of around 400 fileds its a completely new form in a new vertical now i am planning to transform this form to page.

let me know how much time it will take on an average for a form like this?

sample form i have attached the screen shots go through that one.

Will you transform it "by hand" or with a tool (transformation tool for example) ?
    ~Rik~
    It works as expected... More or Less...
  • Options
    thmartinthmartin Member Posts: 90
    The time and work that is needed to transform a form to a page using the TIF tool is as such not determined by the number of fields displayed.
    If you did adhere strictly to the NAV design patterns most is transformed automatically.

For things, like in your example the setup of colors for various statuses you have to think about how you will handle this in the RTC.
    The way it is done is not possible in an RTC page. You could use a Client Add-In for this. But that's far beyond just form transformation.
    Thomas Martin
    NAV Developer
  • Options
    eskayeskay Member Posts: 11
    In my opinion this form cannot be transformed automatically.

Because RTC only allows 2 columns with fields. In your screenshot you have 3 columns.
    This ist not possible in RTC. You have to redesign to 2 column layout. Then you can
    transform your form.
  • Options
    thmartinthmartin Member Posts: 90
    I think the third column are buttons. AFAIK (or believe to remember) that would work.
    Thomas Martin
    NAV Developer
  • Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    To me this certainly does not look as a new form for a new vertical

It looks like very old stuff with different languages. Even Dutch is involved and I see a Dutch partnername NewMinds.

How did you get this form?

This form is absolutely not appropriate to convert and should not be in the classic client eather. It has tabs on a tab.
  • Options
    Troubles_In_ParadiseTroubles_In_Paradise Member Posts: 588
    thmartin wrote:
    I think the third column are buttons. AFAIK (or believe to remember) that would work.

You're right, transformation tool will replace them with actions.
    ~Rik~
    It works as expected... More or Less...