Options

I need a pop-up message system in Navision

DarkHorseDarkHorse Member Posts: 389
edited 2011-11-15 in Navision Attain
Hello everybody, I've Attain 3.70 and I'm looking for an advise system. I've tested the Chat and Messenger download aplications from this page but, to see the message, you have to stay in Chat or Messenger form. I need a pop-up message system in Navision. Is there any aplication for it?.
Thanks for help.

Comments

• Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    DarkHorse wrote:
    I need a pop-up message system in Navision. Is there any aplication for it?.
    Thanks for help.

Why? What do you want to do? Try Skype or MSN or ICQ or AIM.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    Thanks, but I mean from Navision. For example somebody changes an important field and send a message to all users from Navision and everybody who is in Navision see the message wherever they are in Navision.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    DarkHorse wrote:
    Thanks, but I mean from Navision. For example somebody changes an important field and send a message to all users from Navision and everybody who is in Navision see the message wherever they are in Navision.
    Thanks.

Good luck with that. [-o<

Reminds me of companies that have a 15 minutes meeting with 10 key personal, and everyone in the meeting is receiving SMSs, sending emails and IMing with clients, then after the meeting has already gone on for 2 hours, they wonder a/ why the meetings take so long, and b/ why they actually never get anything done in those meetings.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    DarkHorse wrote:
    For example somebody changes an important field and send a message to all users from Navision and everybody who is in Navision see the message wherever they are in Navision.

Aside from the fact that this seems like a really silly idea, wouldn't an email work just fine?
  • Options
    Thanks both. I know that I can use mail or another way of communication, but I need it "inside" Navision. Honestly, giving it a good use, does not seem a crazy idea. In fact, as I said before, Chat and instant Messenger applications from downloads section are perfect, only that would be notified of a new message with some kind of pop-up. I just wanted to ask if there was something similar.
    Thanks for help.
  • Options
    rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    DarkHorse wrote:
    Anybody who is in NAV will see any change the next time he/she opens a form with that changed record. If you need "pop up" dialogs for using NAV then you're doing something wrong...
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    [Topic moved from 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum to 'Navision Attain' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    Thanks. I can think of plenty of reasons why this would be very useful. But because they have created features such as Chat or Messenger is to communicate immediately at a given time?. I am convinced that is a matter of time Navision incorporates it in future versions. The usefulness and usability that will make of each one is personal, is a well-used functionality can be very useful. I just wondering if there was any utility, I see that seems not.
    Thanks for help.
  • Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Microsoft has its own "chat" or instant messenger called Lync. It used to be called Office Communicator. There is already an available add-in for it for the NAV 2009 RTC along with other options for improved user communication. Don't hold your breath for a good solution, though, when you are two, almost three, versions behind what is supported.

Instant messengers are of course useful. But you said you wanted a "pop up" to go out to every user when a field is changed. These are two completely different things. The first is a perfectly fine idea, although I'm not sure why it needs to be directly in NAV. The latter just doesn't make much sense.
  • Options
    Thanks is useful to know that. When I said "a "pop up" to go out to every user when a field is changed" I only I was just setting an example, obviously I'm not going to do that. It would be very specific processes only take place once a month (for example) and that the user expects to finish.
    Thanks for help.
  • Options
    Dark horse, you are confusing a business need with a technical solution. You need to define the business need first. Once you understand that, then you can start looking for solutions. To me it looks like you came up with a requirement of a technical solution, and now need a business need to justify it.
    David Singleton