Options

Permissions - Very Strange

midnightmidnight Member Posts: 74
I have "Super" permission, but yet when I try to add a KIT item, I get "you do not have permission to insert into the kit line table". Strange, any thoughts?

Using Windows logins and have deleted the ZUP file.

NAV2009 SP1 / SQL

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Does your license have Kitting in it? SUPER doesn't just give you access to every table, just what you are licensed for.
  • Options
    rosenberglrosenbergl Member Posts: 37
    It sounds like you may not be licensed to use that granule.
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    midnight wrote:
    I have "Super" permission, but yet when I try to add a KIT item, I get "you do not have permission to insert into the kit line table". Strange, any thoughts?

Using Windows logins and have deleted the ZUP file.

NAV2009 SP1 / SQL

Thanks

There were some license issues with kits when they first came out, but I thought they were all fixed fairly quickly, and if you have refreshed your license for 2009 then you should have a fixed license. It I remember correctly there was a mix up with a table shared by Manufacturing.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    Thanks for the info folks. Looked at my license file, and don't see anything in there that says kitting. Mind you, I was able to create a kit BOM, number range etc,. I'll check with my partner regarding the license.
  • Options
    midnight wrote:
    Thanks for the info folks. Looked at my license file, and don't see anything in there that says kitting. Mind you, I was able to create a kit BOM, number range etc,. I'll check with my partner regarding the license.

Do you have manufacturing?
    David Singleton
  • Options
    Yes, we have Basic Manufacturing
  • Options
    midnight wrote:
    Yes, we have Basic Manufacturing

Then you may have this glitch in the license. Basically Kits and Manufacturing share a number of common tables, but nearly all the forms are different, so if you have a Manufacturing license but not a Kit license then you should see the tables but not have access to the forms.

Basically it allows you to enter data into the common tables, but you can't process kits.

You will need to purchase Kits if you want to use them though.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    Thanks David. Just heard back from our partner, and they say "Kitting is typically an "al a cart" item on the NAV module list. This means that it must be obtained separately if required". Looks like I'm buying kitting. It would work great for us.

Basically what we want to do is have a part number, and a BOM attached to it. Enter the part on a sales order and pull the items in the BOM out of inventory at time of shipping, but, we do not want to maintain an inventory against the part on the sales order. It should help out with promotional items that we give away with a sale.
  • Options
    midnight wrote:
    Thanks David. Just heard back from our partner, and they say "Kitting is typically an "al a cart" item on the NAV module list. This means that it must be obtained separately if required". Looks like I'm buying kitting. It would work great for us.

Basically what we want to do is have a part number, and a BOM attached to it. Enter the part on a sales order and pull the items in the BOM out of inventory at time of shipping, but, we do not want to maintain an inventory against the part on the sales order. It should help out with promotional items that we give away with a sale.

Yes that is exactly what it is best at.
    David Singleton